What's new

Make Your 2019 Six Flags Predictions!

Intricks

Strata Poster
Apparently the chain is getting 2 Fortnite coasters. Apocalypse retheme at SFA with the floorless conversion, and the new attraction at SFFT.

What is really interesting is the lack of iron horse conversions from them next year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
What is really interesting is the lack of iron horse conversions from them next year.
Not really, maybe they've just got to the point where they have run out of rides to RMC.
Also, I'd be surprised if SFOG did the floorless thing. Unless theres more..... When I was there in June there was so much construction going on next to Goliath. Two-thirds of the queue have been removed from it and a big plot of land had been cleared.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I'm struggling here - can someone please explain to me what a "Fortnite themed roller coaster" is? What does that even mean??
Does it have a 2 week queue or sumat?
And also, do any of the predictions made in this thread have any evidence at all to back them up, or is everyone just speculating wildly and making stuff up?

Last edited:

Snoo

The Legend
Not really, maybe they've just got to the point where they have run out of rides to RMC.
Also, I'd be surprised if SFOG did the floorless thing. Unless theres more..... When I was there in June there was so much construction going on next to Goliath. Two-thirds of the queue have been removed from it and a big plot of land had been cleared.

Agreed. Georgia Scorcher is a fantastic Stand-Up, one of the best in fact if not the best. Would be a real shame if they decided to convert it.

I'm struggling here - can someone please explain to me what a "Fortnite themed roller coaster" is? What does that even mean??
Does it have a 2 week queue or sumat?
And also, do any of the predictions made in this thread have any evidence at all to back them up, or is everyone just speculating wildly and making stuff up?

Fortnight is a popular game at the moment. Nothing more then branding at this point, which as tomahawk said, would be absolutely no surprise as it would be very Six Flags.

As far as predictions, I've heard some solid evidence for SFMM and SFA but nothing else outside of there besides speculation. However, given the last few years of announcements, that post on Reddit seems actually quite accurate with what I would have assumed tbh.

Matt N

CF Legend
Wait... SFFT is getting a Fortnite attraction, too? I don't play Fortnite and I don't know much about it, but I didn't think it was sci-fi themed!

It would also seem that Screamscape was correct about SFGAm receiving a launch coaster...

b&mfanboy123

Mega Poster
Wait... SFFT is getting a Fortnite attraction, too? I don't play Fortnite and I don't know much about it, but I didn't think it was sci-fi themed!

It would also seem that Screamscape was correct about SFGAm receiving a launch coaster...
As someone who plays Fortnite with a lot of friends and is above average at the game, I would say that they're probably to late, I mean who knows the game is at it's peak right now.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I'm down for Georgia Scorcher getting converted to floorless. Yeah it's probably the best standup from what I've done but that doesn't mean it's a good ride. Floorless will be much more enjoyable and it's not a bad layout either.

Sad there's no RMC but not quite surprising. They probably want to take a year off and see how Wonder Woman performs before adding anymore Raptors. They did that with New Texas Giant and waited until 2013 to put in another iron horse.

As much as I don't like the Fortnite theme it's honestly not the worst idea in the world. Fortnite is huge and it's not going anywhere, so something themed to a brand that popular should attract a lot of kids/teens.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I'm down for Georgia Scorcher getting converted to floorless. Yeah it's probably the best standup from what I've done but that doesn't mean it's a good ride. Floorless will be much more enjoyable and it's not a bad layout either.

Sad there's no RMC but not quite surprising. They probably want to take a year off and see how Wonder Woman performs before adding anymore Raptors. They did that with New Texas Giant and waited until 2013 to put in another iron horse.

As much as I don't like the Fortnite theme it's honestly not the worst idea in the world. Fortnite is huge and it's not going anywhere, so something themed to a brand that popular should attract a lot of kids/teens.
Until fortnite dies like all fads do. Remember furbys?

Snoo

The Legend

Thats the thing tho.. you THINK it will be better but Floorless designs are much more suited for less G, more inverted models in comparison to the Standup models which typically, outside of Riddler, has more twists, turns, and G forces packed into the layout. After re-riding Mantis at CP this last weekend, that all but reaffirmed my sentiment. And as you said, as considering it's one of, if not the best Stand-up.. no need to revamp it unless 100% needed IMO.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
I find it a bit hard to believe they'd close and convert Scorcher without any forewarning (like they gave with Apocalypse). Given there's land clearing elsewhere, I don't see it being a change for this year - but it could happen a few years down the line.

If the rumours of an S&S launcher for SFGAm are true, then perhaps we're seeing the return of big ticket attractions at Six flags - which would be great news for the chain.

On the off chance I'm right, what about dueling raptors for Magic Mountain?

Hutch

Strata Poster
Remember furbys?

Had to look this one up... looks like I was an infant when those things were popular.

Thats the thing tho.. you THINK it will be better but Floorless designs are much more suited for less G, more inverted models in comparison to the Standup models which typically, outside of Riddler, has more twists, turns, and G forces packed into the layout. After re-riding Mantis at CP this last weekend, that all but reaffirmed my sentiment. And as you said, as considering it's one of, if not the best Stand-up.. no need to revamp it unless 100% needed IMO.
Thing is I've never been a fan of standups. I've done four of them now and on top of them being uncomfortable they've been either painful or boring. They've never been anything more than a +1 for me and my thoughts during the actual rides are "can't wait for this to end." All other B&Ms I've done are more enjoyable. Even if Scorcher ends up being a low tier floorless, I'll gladly take that over any standup. Don't really care if the model is a dying breed or not lol.

Snoo

The Legend
Thing is I've never been a fan of standups. I've done four of them now and on top of them being uncomfortable they've been either painful or boring. They've never been anything more than a +1 for me and my thoughts during the actual rides are "can't wait for this to end." Even if Scorcher ends up being a low tier floorless, I'll gladly take that over any standup. Don't really care if the model is a dying breed or not lol.

TO BE FAIR, you do have Beast as #3 so.. I'm just saying. :p

Edward M

Strata Poster
Interesting decision for Scorcher. I would prefer it as a stand-up, but it's hell to load and unload. Makes sense financially and practically, but I think the floorless conversion will turn a pretty solid ride into a very below average B&M looper. As someone who hates stand ups, Scorcher was my ideal for that coaster model.

As for the rest, it's a weird year. I'll wait until the official announcement to judge though.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Until fortnite dies like all fads do. Remember furbys?
Or it could live on like Minecraft, which is still going strong almost a decade after it took off. And even if it doesn't last for half that, it's still a brand with big recognition, probably bigger than what Six Flags have gone with in the past. There are way more people out there knowing what Fortnite is than whatever the heck a Bizarro is supposed to be. And even if the Fortnite branded ride tanks, it can probably be readily re-themed, knowing Six Flags' approach to themeing (i.e. turn the painted wood fibre boards around and paint something else on the backside, slap new stickers over the old ones). Remember the Evel Knievel coaster or Terminator Salvation: The Ride? They're still standing, just under new names.