What's new

Major Parks In China Close Down Until The Coronavirus Crisis Is Over.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Surprised this hasn't been posted about yet but useful info for anyone due a trip to China anytime soon.

Currently many of the major parks in China are closed due to the increasing spread of the new Coronavirus strain currently causing so many problems in China (and the rest of the world).

Currently at least all the following and I assume many more are closed
- Disney Shanghai
- All OCT Parks which means all Happy Valley Parks, OCT East and Visionland
- All Fantawild Parks
- At least half of all Sunac/Wanda Parks
- Haichang Ocean Park Shanghai
- Huayi Brothers

For those planning trips and/or interested in such things I'd keep an eye on the Roller Coaster Dream FB page for updates https://www.facebook.com/rcdchina/

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
The Chimelong parks, too.

More importantly, Hong Kong schools. The announcement just went out today that they're closed until February 17th. I'm back on the 2nd from the CNY holiday, so there's an extra 15 days when I get back.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Call me cynical, but this is great news for Ocean Park.

They've been running it into the ground for years, arrogantly ignoring competition opening very close by, and losing visitors and money year on year.

Last year's figures, when released, will obviously be awful (predictions of 5 million visitors), but would likely have dropped again regardless of the protests.

They've asked for a government bail out of around £1 billion (despite already owing them £350m in loans) and were already using the protests as an excuse for needing the money, and now they have this to throw into the discussions as well.

They've said that the new attractions will hopefully bring visitor numbers "up" to 7.5 million, so they want a billion pounds to get the numbers back to where they were 5 years ago.

I don't care, cos creds, but it's a bit of a f**king cheek.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Last year at the same period, I was doing the entire set of Chinese amusement parks. That was close!
You might have to be a bit more specific there - if you'd done the "entire set" I suspect you'd still be there! :p