What's new

Magic Kingdom | 7 Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster | Vekoma/Disney

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Re: Magic Kingdom | 7 Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster | Vekoma/Dis

^You clearly have no understanding what a cred is.

^^You are really going to take the time to SPAM this topic over the use of lingo that is used EVERYWHERE on this site and in the community? Don't you have a PETA meeting to go to or something?

EDIT:

Here is a write up from the media preview given today:

http://mynews13.com/content/news/cfnews ... train.html

Can't spell today

marc

CF Legend
I just hate that word I know it's used a lot I've never used it. I've been reading and taking part in the topic as I'm interested in the topic. It was not spam but this is now lol. You really do have a problem when people don't agree with you, get off your know it all high horse. The person above is new 6 posts he might not know. Got a problem pm me.

Anyway back to the coaster. As of Monday it will be available on fastpass plus so reports have it.

Thanks for that report it's a good read.

Ben

CF Legend

peep said:
No one said it was doing as such Ben? Everyone is just happy that it looks like a fun family attraction, which it is meant to be and was always going to be. No one has said it's the best thing since sliced bread or anything like that.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

'Incredible' and 'set the standard' springs to mind as being a little over exaggerated.

Yes it will be better than the old Snow White dark ride but put the Kleenex away, it's only a Disney ride.

Hong Kong got Grizzly, bastards.

Epcotcenter82

Roller Poster

Well, I would consider a cred any sort of ride that has coaster track, twists and turns and such. Splash mountain is a LOG FLUME (Sorry inside joke lol) and is not a cred. Test Track and Mission Space are not creds. Dinosaur is not a cred and Star tours is not a cred.

Even though SDMT is a kiddy coaster (Like Barnstormer) I am still going to consider it a cred.

Anyway, I will be down there memorial day weekend and probably will try to film a front row POV for everyone :)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Inside The Magic has posted two mounted POV - one in front and one from the back rows:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kkggT3vX4g[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR6a3yTvKIA[/youtube]

marc

CF Legend

I know what you mean Ben, for me it's the effects that make it. With out the theme it would probably be rather boring.

The coaster is just a solid family coaster.

But for me I'm looking forward to see what Disney do going forward with this type of effect they are using. That's what I was getting at when I said it will set the standard, I meant for future Disney attractions.

peep

CF Legend

Ben said:
peep said:
No one said it was doing as such Ben? Everyone is just happy that it looks like a fun family attraction, which it is meant to be and was always going to be. No one has said it's the best thing since sliced bread or anything like that.

'Incredible' and 'set the standard' springs to mind as being a little over exaggerated.

Yes it will be better than the old Snow White dark ride but put the Kleenex away, it's only a Disney ride.

Now you're mentioning stuff out of context? Pretty sure people are relating those words to the quality of the new animatronics (and not the rollercoaster) which are 'incredible' and 'set the standard'.

'Tis a silly argument.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster

Should soft open to day guests this weekend <3
Was there today myself... Saw Paul Ruben going for a ride! Had no idea he was even around anymore (lolo)

spicy

Giga Poster

May 28th? Disney really do take their time opening new attractions!!

Looks fantastic though, a great family coaster and love the overall scenery.

Epcotcenter82

Roller Poster

spicy said:
May 28th? Disney really do take their time opening new attractions!!

Looks fantastic though, a great family coaster and love the overall scenery.

Well I think that they were having sound syncing issues so they pushed it back. I think it WAS going to originally open today/tomorrow but they wanted a little extra time. I don't get why they couldn't have pushed the dedication and party back..

marc

CF Legend
It will be open before then but cold open, then on the 28th it gets the grand opening.

Just means they can shut it again etc.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Looks good, though from what I can remember about the concept art I saw a while back, I thought it was going to be more dark ride, with small coaster sections :?

Anyway, doesn't this now sort of make the Barnstomer a bit redundant?

Lofty

CF Legend

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ9J0Y07XjA[/youtube]
...and there we have it. All of the sound synced up. It looks so good.

Robbie

Hyper Poster

Looks fantastic, although I did think after the time taken to build it, that it would be a bit of a longer ride.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016

It's longer than I was expecting to be honest. It took so long because of the extensive theming it underwent. Looks absolutely spectacular, and as long as it's open by late July I couldn't care less :lol:

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster

Can any of the Disney peeps confirm this thing is soft opened? I have time to drop by after work today but don't want to burn a MainGate if it isn't opened.

PM if you don't want to openly post about the soft open, por favor.

Ben

CF Legend

peep said:
Ben said:
peep said:

Now you're mentioning stuff out of context? Pretty sure people are relating those words to the quality of the new animatronics (and not the rollercoaster) which are 'incredible' and 'set the standard'.

'Tis a silly argument.

I just, a few animatronics in one dark ride section, sandwiched by two short coaster sections, that's all it takes for Disney to wow nowadays?

Look at the themeing on something like Mystic Manor and tell me this compares. Go on.

Obviously though WDW can do no wrong, apologies.