What's new

London/Ciall's Birthday Bash II/Drunk Times - 18th/19th Feb

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Well, it contains a theme park visit, so I'm keeping it here, instead of making 2 or 3 separate topics :)

London Times 18th February

Martyn, Peter and I hit London to AP whore on Thursday bright and early. After driving down to Cockfosters, we got our day pass tickets and rode the tube down to Kings Cross.

2enz2o7.jpg

Here, me and Peter attempted to find platform 9 and three quarters, though this failed, and we got stuck on the wrong platforms. Nice passer by helped us out though.

140dzsl.jpg

We met up with Peter's mate Ali and decided to head to Madame Tussauds, only to be greeted by a mahoosive queue. This seemed to be a bit too much for us, so we then headed straight back on the tube to The London Eye.

mr32j7.jpg

Ali grabbed his ticket from the ticket office, and we boarded with only a 5 min queue. It was boring as usual, but it allowed us to get a few rain-blocked images:

9vgumu.jpg

4l5y80.jpg

We got off 30 mins later and I needed to grab something to eat. So we all headed to the McDonalds, but Peter and Martyn ran off leaving me and Ali in the McDonalds queue. Then told me I was silly getting food, even though we had agreed to all stop for food.

I then had to eat my meal while walking back to the underground to head off to the Dungeons. We then saw off Ali.

We arrived to be greeted by two massive queues: one for normal ticket holders and another for "express" and "priority" ticket holders. We joined the latter queue with our annual passes. The London Bridge Experience was taking advantage of the two massive queues by persuading many people to go over there instead, insisting their queues were only 20 mins long and were out of the rain.

6pyjo5.jpg

285q3s.jpg

We queued, and queued, and queued. The only entertainment we had was of a foreigner who was pointing at a police officer, threw his coat on the floor, and was subsequently arrested in a very loud and entertaining fashion. Good times.

We also saw a member from TLBE who looked the spit of Ollie. I begun taking pictures of him, but he turned around and called me gay :(

After a good 1hr 45 mins, our "priority" queue had ended, and we were in.

Same old experience really, not much different to the one we had last year. However, the new Bloody Mary section was great! No spoilers, but it is very good. Extremsis was epic as usual.

We got out and headed back on the underground to Madame Tussauds once again. This time, there was no queue at all. Win! We went around and did the boring picture taking that EVERYBODY was doing.

59tsp2.jpg

2a8kxsw.jpg

2j0y0dg.jpg

We also got a breakdown on the taxi ride thingy, which was fun.

When we got out, it was dark and pissing with rain. We decided to head to Picadilly Circus as I had not been before. It was packed and pissing with rain, so we ventured down the road and had a play in Hamley's and the Ferrari Shop.

2qd5pnd.jpg

r05n3o.jpg

We then headed back on the tube and to Cockfosters, before driving back to Milton Keynes. I headed home to try and get sleep

Ciall's Birthday Bash II - Alton Towers - 19th Feb

Last year it was Adventure Island, this year it was Alton. Woke up at 6.30 to get ready to be picked up at 7.15 by Peter.

We then took the journey with all our sleeping stuff to Neal's, dropping it off and picking up him and Brad. It had snowed a lot, and was snowing on and off.

Little Rot is not used to holding 5 massive men, but she did well.

We arrived at the Towers to find the Monorail had closed, so walking was required. This we would have done anyway so we could see the old corkscrews.

282u0o.jpg

We located these, and begun trying to climb over the barriers to get pictures. We then found an entrance to them...so we broke in and climbed all over them :p

2eg4m0i.jpg

fa90tl.jpg

xpagqc.jpg

2937wpc.jpg

It was fun.

We got to the entrance, met up with Ben, got in and saw that virtually everything was closed due to snow. Oh well, we went to the Towers and went to the top for pictures ^_^

2r2ub7t.jpg

33457xe.jpg

2r1zin7.jpg

vg4jeh.jpg

We saw them clearing the snow off of Oblivion, and after many shoutings by Neal, they ignored us.

intt06.jpg

We then headed down to it to find a large queue building up outside. We joined, and soon after, Oblivion opened. A 20 min queue followed, and when we got on, I had my restraint about 10 cms away from my body, which meant epic airtime.

During the plunge down, we all sang happy birthday to me, which was nice :)

2qla89h.jpg

One ride done.

In the Oblivion shop we noticed the ultimate in geek coaster tat: OBLIVION CONDOMS!

wquc6v.jpg

Much cash was exchanged and almost all of us got 1 (Brad got 2 ;)), with a smile and a wink from the shop assistant, we left overjoyed.

We then put our geek glasses on and headed over to Th13teen. Not much could be seen, but we did get suspicious looks from the AT litter pickers :lol:

Hex followed, with many, many first timers who kept screaming.

Ben then got a call from Jake and Neil (and American from TPR), and we waited for them and met up with them, before heading over to Nemesis. A 45ish min queue greeted us, and we went from row.

GAY TRAIN!

33ygaz8.jpg

With that done, and credit gained for Neil, Jake and fellows decided to do Air, while the rest of us went to Pizza Pasta for lunch.

Afterwards, we headed to Duel and got an epic ORP, in which the ORP guy said it was the best ORP he'd seen all day:

f1xug5.jpg

With The Gays still not off Air, we headed back over to Nemmie. Part way through the long queue, 3 what can only be described as "Scouse Chav Bastards" decided they wanted to push their way through to their Boyfriend. We didn't want this, so blocked their path. Peter was then hit by the females and threatened and shoved by the boyfriend. This was funny, but we weren't happy.

2itfqcj.jpg

2vnkq35.jpg

2h5tdmb.jpg

124uioz.jpg

At the end of the queue, we told the ride op, who then stopped the whole of Nemesis until they left the ride, to which they were just about to board. They refused, and so after a 5 min standoff and no Nemesis, they eventually left to wait for us by the exit.

71ry1z.jpg

We were held back, but eventually got on. Nemmie was running great, and we got off to have to be moved aside while the now screaming swearing and threatening chavs were pushing to get to us, but were being held back.

We quickly left the area :lol:

We headed off to Sonic Spinball, but diverted to Old McDonalds Farm which I had never seen. We took a ride on the Eye-Spy ride and saw the animals.

k71qc.jpg

We queued for Spinball (Which for many of us was the first time we had done the normal queue) and got on. The rides had been kept open for an extra 30 mins due to the snow in the morning, but we decided to leave it at that afterwards.

24cw41k.jpg

ame2xt.jpg

n37k0j.jpg

We met back up with The Gays at the main shop, and had a browse through, before taking the long walk back to the car while Ben got the train. Of course, we diverted back to the corkscrews where we rode them again :p

2gv53jm.jpg

20zspea.jpg

I will write up about the evening later ;) ;)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Hmmm, suprised they didn't think to call security down if the chavs remained in the area...

Snowy Alton does look nice...

But climbing over barrier times and breaking in times? Disapproval...

Ollie

CF Legend
I would of been pissed off driving all the way down to Alton to find most the rides were shut due to snow. Glad you got on a few though.
Also with Benin, you shouldn't have broken into that area.
Seems like you still had fun.
You should of done Pasaje while you were in Piccadilly. :)

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Technically, we didn't "break in". There was a gap between the trees and the barrier, so we just slipped through there ;) Oh well.

And we did see Pasaje, but Dungeons is free, Pasaje is not :p

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Right, onto the evening.

Well, we got to Neal's after a stop off at Tesco for booze. We all chipped in money, and Brad slept in the car while I just sat there. We then drove to Derby and entered Neal's.

We got a few things sorted and Neal and Peter went to pick Ben up from the station. When they came back we all went to the local chippy/fast food outlet, sat down and watched The Lion King (I'll post a review in the "Now Showing" topic later). As I was the only person who hadn't seen it, I had to put up with everyone singing and saying every word before it was said...Drinking started through this.

Part way through the film, the fire alarm went off, and we had to evacuate. Then every fire alarm went off in all the blocks, meaning about 100 uni students were out in the freezing cold. 15 mins later, it was reset and we ventured back in to see the finale of The Lion King.

I had by this time had 4 alcopops and had a mouthful of rum. I attempted to get up, but stumbled a lot. I then had a can of Strongbow. By this time, I found it hard to stand, was slurring my words, and expressed my deep love for one of the girls I fancied via text.

2i04sap.jpg

dh771g.jpg

But I needed the loo. Badly. But there was a queue (Girls are used to queuing for loo times, but men aren't). I thought I could hold it in, but Peter seemed to be taking forever (though he was not longer than a min at best)...and my body gave up a little bit...

The rest is history (I'm not posting the pic, many of you would have seen it, but it went all down my legs)

I was then abandoned in all my shame in the kitchen while they took pictures, posted on CF and called various members about my humiliation. They then abandoned me and walked to the local Sainsbury's. I was all on my own with piss down my jeans and struggling to stand.

And the fire alarm went off again.

I stumbled outside with all the fellow uni students. Most didn't notice my accident, and I just stood in the corner and rung another of my female friends expressing my situation.

When the fire alarm stopped, everyone went in but me as I couldn't get back in without a Neal. They then came 5 mins later and let me in...sort of.

I then spent most of the night in humiliation while being locked out of rooms, eventually going to sleep on my own in a room. Humiliation on my birthday? Very much so.

Peter and Martyn then decided to text the first female expressing the fact that I was coming out gay...Thanks guys :roll:

And that is my story. Surprisingly, I remembered almost all of the evening and woke up with a nice hangover :D Ah well, getting drunk and watching The Lion King has now been ticked off my list :p

And here is me in my best pose while smashed:

2uzrssk.jpg

Good times!

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
He did say it. He came off it, and we said "Ben, you obviously didn't enjoy it as much as Neil (The American guy who was there for the credit), and he replied something like "Well, it was one of the better rides, I'd agree with that" (Can't remember exact words)

Nemmie was running spectacularly, especially as it had been snowing, was fecking freezing and was running only one train.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hmm, I'm not really impressed with the jumping over barriers tbh - it gives enthusiasts a bad name. You shoudl think carefully before doing stuff like that.

Aside from that, I'm glad you had a good birthday bash.

nealbie

CF Legend
Jumping over barriers?

There was a MASSIVE gap in the fence that you could just walk through. It was guarded only by a muddle puddle :lol:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Neal said:
It was guarded only by a muddle puddle :lol:

Was there a Tweetle Beetle too? And a Poodle eating noodles?

Erm, yeah - great report! Well done and all that. Don't give enthusiasts a bad name, etc.