What's new

London Christmas meet 2015

peep

CF Legend
Firstly I'd like to start by thanking everyone that came along, it was a fun day - always nice when all the faff organising something is worthwhile. I didn't end up taking many photos or videos and I don't think anyone else did either. Still I throw a few highlights into a topic...

The meet up started, as usual, at the Sherlock Holmes pub near Charing cross station. Just like every time we go to the Sherlock we caused chaos and were generally a nuisance to those not in the group... whoops. Sue resurrected the hundreds of little army men from last year which ended up being thrown around the room, going in drinks and even taking a dip...

Then it was time for secret santa where everyone puts in a £1 item from poundland or wherever. It's always amusing to see what people have found. A book about a mole with a poo on its head was resurrected from a few years ago and there was even some goony tat thrown in!

Then we went outside where everyone was split into two teams, one led by Richard and the other by Conor. The first round consisted of 16 rollercoaster names. The teams had to organise them into 4 groups of 4 and say what each category was. It's a pretty tough game which Richard put together (thanks Richard!).

It was then off to the first game location, ITV Studios on the Southbank. I mainly chose this location so I could shoe-horn in a question about my job :p The Activity at this location was two members from a team had to volunteer to take part in a bush tucker challenge. They had to choose left or right, one of the options was a bag of sour jelly snake things and the other was cheese flavoured maggots. Conor got the maggots and they seemed to go down quite well...

The next location was Shakespeare's globe where the famous balcony scene from Romeo and Juliet was lovingly performed by Ben and Richard. I do have video footage of this but I'll upload that when I have more time to faff with it. We then popped over the river where we jumped into a random pub. After exiting said pub we noticed we were on Knightrider court! So should have used this for a round in the game, oh well.

This looked fun

Outside St. Paul's Cathedral one of the teams had to prey for new decent creds to be built in the UK. Onwards to the Strand and outside the Royal courts of justice Conor sentenced Nic because she was caught being rather rude around a Shambhala support.

Silly me didn't check all of the 'blue plaque' questions were actualy visable and it transpired that the one on Aldwych was actually under some scaffolding - whoops! One of the teams had to pose like a ballerina outside the Royal Opera House while outside the Palace Theatre some tried to squeeze into a phone box....

It looked painful and I was genuinely concerned we were going to break the door! In Soho Square Dan (Caffeine Demon) represented Soho in interpretive dance with some encouraging motivation from his fellow team members.

A bit later on we ended the day with a room at the College Arms pub where I had hired out the massive room downstairs. It was nice to have quite a large space just for us. We were joined by a Nicky, Peter, Rach and Emily (SilverArrow). I handed out loads of tat which seemed to go down really well and Nic made us another awesome pass the parcel. We were proper goons and played that to Efteling music and earlier we had just sat and listened to the Alton Towers IMAscore finale music.

It was generally just really nice to just sit around and catch up with peeps and sorry if I didn't come over and talk to some people more (during the game I was quite distracted and our seating arrangement was a tad awkward in the evening). It looks like I might be taking the game digital next year which should make things a bit more interesting (and less crazy for me on the actual day) so hope people can make it next year!