What's new

Liseberg 2009-05-15

A

Anonymous

Got my first coaster rides today as we were going to Liseberg today to get a season pass, so that we don't have to pay the entry price to Europa Park in little over a week :)

Today was a really nice and short visit to Liseberg, but since there were hardly any crowds we still managed to get a bunch of rides on the coasters and flats, I also got my first credit of the year :)

Lisebergbanan and Balder were really hauling ass today, which were a bit of a surprise due to the cool weather, even Kanonen rode better then it usually do. Rabalder on the other hand is a big letdown, I miss Cirkus Expressen!! :cry:

Hang-Hai was pretty rubbish as well...

Pictures:
liseberg090515_26.jpg

First we started of with the new credit...

liseberg090515_01.jpg

Oakwood uses sheep to cut the grass underneath their coasters, Liseberg have gone high tech

liseberg090515_02.jpg

It looks good, but the ride is pretty bad

liseberg090515_03.jpg

Wiii train!!

liseberg090515_04.jpg

Looks just like the old train

liseberg090515_05.jpg

Up the lift it goes

liseberg090515_06.jpg

Mess of track

liseberg090515_07.jpg

Spot the Liseberg CEO

liseberg090515_08.jpg

Mmmmm, Lisebergbanan

liseberg090515_09.jpg

Balder was running great today

liseberg090515_10.jpg

Nice curves

liseberg090515_11.jpg

Even Kanonen was running pretty good, but they were stacking as usual

liseberg090515_12.jpg

Foundation to a support of the cableway that connected Liseberg with another park in Gothenburg

liseberg090515_13.jpg

All that is left of Kulingen, just a few benches and some shrubs

liseberg090515_14.jpg

Area of future park expansion

liseberg090515_15.jpg

Drool!!

liseberg090515_16.jpg

Looking up the hill

liseberg090515_19.jpg

Hang Hai

liseberg090515_18.jpg

Pretty meh ride if you compare it to Spinrock that does the same thing

liseberg090515_17.jpg

Is it just me or do they have more wheels on this one?

liseberg090515_20.jpg

Artsy shot of a really nice ride

liseberg090515_21.jpg

If the train had a bit more speed here, how awesome would that be :)

liseberg090515_22.jpg

Longest wait for the day, to the best flat ride in the park, Spinrock!!

liseberg090515_23.jpg

Oh and Balder :)

liseberg090515_24.jpg

This was the standard queue time for the Bananannanana, even if they were only running 2 of the 5 trains :)

liseberg090515_25.jpg

Behind the scene photo

liseberg090515_27.jpg

Mmmm Uppswinget

liseberg090515_28.jpg

On the way out we spotted this hippie :twisted:

And finally, due to a request in the Liseberg thread some time ago:
liseberg090515_29.jpg

Uppswinget + Lisebergbanan!!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Nice report. Looks like a lovely day to be at the park.

A

Anonymous

Thanks.

It was a bit chilly to be really enjoyable, but for the short time we were there we managed several re-rides on Balder and Lisebergbanan without much queuing so it was a really good day for rides.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Nice report Loefet, looked like a great time to hit the park. Love the photo of Balder from up on the hill.

I always think of Liseberg not really having much stuff until I actually look at photos and reports, then I remember it actually looks like it has a few awesome coasters, mainly Balder obviously. I always thought Kanonen looked pretty good as well.

Nice report, sucks that it was cold out, but it still looks like you had a good time.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Lisebergbanan is where it's at Taylor! I miss that coaster.

Liseberg is one of those odd parks, it draws you back. I wasn't in awe while there at it, but it's just so comfortable. It's relaxed and friendly and just a great place to visit.

Well worth the effort to visit (really no effort from the UK) and I shall return with the family once MMF is big enough to ride the Banana! :)

Oh, and it looks as lovely as always Loefet - love the shot of Upswinget in action and the train heading into the psycho drop :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
LiveForTheLaunch said:
^ Liseberg has always looked kind of average to me, something that I think you have to ride to appreciate.

Upswinget looks WHACK. :p

It's probably the best example of "old school" coaster there is. Like Millennium force is probably the best example of that age, Lisebergbanan is the best and height of what the 80's coaster designs brought us.

It's all fast, terrain hugging and massive high g's. I doubt there are many coasters out there that are quite like it, if any at all.

It's the fact it's unique AND superb that makes it so good. Those three looping drops around the hill are absolutely amazing, but the final high G helix is unreal. It's just fantastic fun, which means it ticks my biggest box for what makes a good coaster.

Having said that, yes, it pales compared to modern coasters which are designed to an exact thrill to the Nth degree. However, it's wild and not so precise which makes it feel more kind of organic :)

^ Ah I suppose.

I'll have to wait to see how it is if I ever ride it in my lifetime :p . The three drops on the hill do look awesome though, they're definitely what caught my eye about that coaster.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
The best bit is hidden away elsewhere. The ride is also very log (well, compared to UK rides :lol: ).

The park itself is just really nice. It's a city park first, so it's a place for people to walk around, eat out, etc., before being a "theme park". That's why it's such a joy to visit. The coasters and rides are just an added extra. :)

Emmett

Giga Poster
^^^Agreed, Lisebergbanan was amazing. It works so well within its location dropping off the hill into the sweeping drops. Forceful in some sections and overall a fun coaster and miles better than the tame Balder.

A

Anonymous

Lisebergbanan was running better this year then it have for some time now, I even experienced some ejector air on places that usually don't deliver anything special. I can't wait until this summer when it goes even faster (especially late in the evening) then it would be orgasmic.
My favorite section of the coaster is the first bit with the really low swooping turns and airtime inducing transitions.

^ Balder was also running great with more airtime then it had last year, I have a feeling that it might go a bit higher on the Mitch Hawker poll this year.

Heck, even Kanonen were more enjoyable then it use to be (I only ride in the front row though) so Liseberg have really stepped up a notch for this year.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I want to go to Liseberg =[

The little grass-cutty things are cute! I want one.

I also want to go to Liseberg. Did I mention that?

Anyway, great TR nice to see a bit of variety on the boards, very interesting indeed.