What's new

Lightwater Valley - Construction Updates

luke8

Mega Poster
No Martyn, I doubt there will be rapids under the Funderworld name this year. Such a shame, they hardly have any rides left, it seems!

Mind you, I rode these exact rapids last year and they were very fun. Tacky, and awful looking, for fun :D

A

Anonymous

never did like it.
Im glad to see it go :)
Not Smooth or fun.
Rapids sounds like a good thing for lightwater.

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
Here's some photos from last Friday that I received today.

The ride structure is now complete, with the main light fitting and boats put in place. Testing will begin this week once the ride is filled with water. Following this the park will start with the queueline and safety signs etc.

normal_DSCF1560.jpg

The ride structure is complete.

normal_DSCF1559.jpg

Big light fitting.

normal_DSCF1558.jpg

Boats.

normal_DSCF1556.jpg

It sits in the area well.

normal_DSCF1557.jpg

A closer look.

I must say that now that the ride is complete it doesn't look all that bad. If they get a decent queueline built as they did with The Twister then it won't be bad at all for a temporary addition. The palm trees are still a little iffy but perhaps I'll warm to them when the gloomy clouds have gone. :lol:

Nice to see a good amount of boats, I count 8. Should keep the queue moving at a steady pace.

Martyn B

CF Legend
If these proove to be a hit, Lightwater should just go all out and purchase some from new, and give them the theme that WMSP have done with theirs, they look much better IMO.

These just look sooooo tacky, and no doubt its in an awful state.

A

Anonymous

Theres to be a announcement of a new ride for 2010 within the next few days.

Think it's pritty likely to be knightmare.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
That ride was total garbage, and the rapids don't look much better, what we really needed to sdee there was Knightmare, from Camelot, at the end of this season.

Mind you, with the rapids on loan - maybe?

Pierre

Strata Poster
Didn't Camelot have a lot of problems opening Knightmare? I hope this doesn't prove to be the same with LWV if thats what they're getting, as the last thing they could do with is extra unwanted expenditure.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Well I'd be glad to see it at LWV, on the basis that its not being scrapped, because it will happen, its just a matter of time...

A

Anonymous

Pierre said:
Didn't Camelot have a lot of problems opening Knightmare? I hope this doesn't prove to be the same with LWV if thats what they're getting, as the last thing they could do with is extra unwanted expenditure.

Most of the problems was due to the wet weather delayingthe construction and opening.

A

Anonymous

A calculated guess. The park should be making a announcement of the new 2010 ride within a few days.

A

Anonymous

Theres alot of rumours about alot of the Camelot stock so its natural that theres people bounding it about.

luke8

Mega Poster
It may be more of a drive, but I'll definitely become a LWV regular if Knightmare pops up there.

The Ultimate and Knightmare - two of the best coasters in the country. ****ing brilliant. :D

having said that, if Knightmare is announced for LWV I suppose that really IS the end for my beloved Camelot :(

A

Anonymous

I hope if they do get Knightmare that they de rustify the track as last i saw she was looking rather rought and rusty. Due to there being a lack of paint and a general lack of TLC.

A

Anonymous

Anyway, the ride is definately Knightmare. The park announced details today.

The following quotes are curtious of valleymania.

Mark Bainbridge, Lightwater GM - "Knightmare is a ride we've been looking at for quite some time, since April last year infact! We have agreed to take over the current lease from Camelot which lasts for 8 more years. We think it is the perfect ride to strengthen our product."

Mr Foole, owner of the ride - "What happened to Camelot over winter was very sad but I am delighted that I have been able to agree the relocation to Lightwater Valley, I look forward to working with them. Despite Camelot reopening later this year, the park could not offer long-term assurances beyond 2009."

Intresting huh? Knightmare will be a brilliant addition to lightwater in my opinion. For the first time in lightwater history, the park has 2huge attractions, both the ultimate and now knightmare. In my eyes this can only mean good things for the park in the future.

Martyn B

CF Legend
You no what, I has this little feeling after I made the post in this topic on Monday that the announcement woud be on this day.