What's new

Lightning Rod Status

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
tenor.gif

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Indeed, and is why although I do acknowledge that a good chunk of my favourite coasters are made by them, I don't think RMC can be considered the best manufacturer in the world.

Yet.
indeed. it's why people always need to remember, best =/= favorite.

Kalistos

Mega Poster
Well obviously it's not going to happen to B&M which takes no risks...
RMC takes risks, when you take risks sometimes you fail. It's the same with all the renown manufacturers that at least try new stuff, like Intamin (how many rides did Intamin **** up because they tried something? Looking at you Furious Baco)

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Well obviously it's not going to happen to B&M which takes no risks...
RMC takes risks, when you take risks sometimes you fail. It's the same with all the renown manufacturers that at least try new stuff, like Intamin (how many rides did Intamin :emoji_zipper_mouth: up because they tried something? Looking at you Furious Baco)
I'm not sure i agree with that though. Hulk and Thunderbird were not things people thought B&M would ever attempt and at least the latter was pulled off without a hitch as far as i remember. Sure things can go wrong when you're trying something new but somehow it seems some manufacturers run into more issues then others. (looking at you Intamin)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
And further to Joey's point, if Lightning Rod had had problems the first few months which were then ironed out, then I'd agree - teething troubles.

It was so unreliable in the 2016 and 2017 seasons, and has been down most of this season. There's only so far teething troubles extends before it's just something fundamentally wrong.

Dont get me wrong, I'm glad that RMC innovate the way they do, and they're shaking up the industry in many ways, but I'm saying why I can't yet consider them to be one of the best manufacturers. Even though they've made several of my favourite rides.

Kalistos

Mega Poster
Well call it a risk, putting a launch on a ride, wow, so reckless B&M;). And they still succeeded to **** up one of the two launch rides.. I actually think this is giving me a point

Edit : yes this was answering Joey. I wouldn't say it shouldn't be easy to figure out the launch on this wooden coaster. But truth is we have no idea about what is blocking them from fixing the coaster so, who said it was an easy problem with the launch?

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Well call it a risk, putting a launch on a ride, wow, so reckless B&M;). And they still succeeded to :emoji_zipper_mouth: up one of the two launch rides.. I actually think this is giving me a point
This'll have to be one you take up with Joey, 'cos I'm still not so sure his argument is that sound.

The fact that RMC haven't got this ride running properly for three years is not something you can put down to teething troubles, though. C'mon. ;)

streetmagix

Mega Poster
It's not like an LSM Launch is new technology, it's been around since the late 1990s/early 2000s in different forms. Way beyond teething issues now.

I don't really get the comparisons to B&M either, B&M can be innovative but they don't just shove new concepts out the door as fast as possible. They take a slower, more thoughtful pace to development. RMC innovate at a much higher pace but that approach can cause them issues.