Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Launch

• Don't care as long as it's a rollercoaster

• Total voters

Jer

Strata Poster
okay how bout this what do you prefer, a chin lift or a launch?

I like chain-lifts Because A i get to talk to my friends before the drop and B i like the feeling you get and how you always have second thoughts, even if your used to the coaster. The views are nice too

A

Anonymous

Depends on the coaster.. but generally, I think I'd prefer launches..
Chains do have good points too though, like you can really appreciate the height..

not that I've been on a launch.. :(

Mat

Hyper Poster
From having riden stealth as my first caoster of this season, and it being my first launch coaster I love it! It allways shocks you wether or not it has a countdown or not. The sudden movement is also really fun.

I think that the lift hills can be boaring if it takes time for it to get to the top, but when you are at the top it is also quite freaky looking down 100ft off of the ground :lol:

I vote Launch.

joe

Mega Poster
Both bring suspense. Lifts give a good view of whats in store for you. But launches give you alot of adrenline.

For me its a launch.

Mike

Giga Poster
Both bring gret suspence, so I'm going to say that I don't care as long as it is a rollercoaster.

Sam

Giga Poster
The thing is on a launch coaster the launch is one of the main aspects of the ride, on a coaster with a chain lift the lift hill is only there as a necessity to begin the ride. I can only ever think of one lift hill that I have been 'thrilled' by (Millennium Force's) but every launch I have ridden I've loved. So obviously launches for me.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Still prefer a lifthill I think. I dunno if its because you seem to get more of a layout with a conventional lift, but I seem to enjoy most lifthill coasters more than launched coasters, in general.

A

Anonymous

i couldnt decide, a chain lift builds up the suspense to the top, and launch is such an adrenaline rush

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
If you're not afraid of height the lift hill thrill will not work in this case.

I do enjoy consecutive launches whereas I get used to the lift hill.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Both have their pros and cons, and both can be very fun.

So its either/or for me.

Richie

Hyper Poster
I love lift hills.

My favourite thing about roller coasters is the drop so obviously I like lift hills more. The whole build up to the drop and the amazing sound it makes :p

My favourite lift hill is Jubilee Odyssey though. Omg that is the best lift hill in the world :love4:

I also like Launches but I have only ever ridden Rita. I absolutely love Rita and everything but I still prefer lift hills in general. Maybe if I rode more launches I would start to love them more.

Fi

Mega Poster
I love launches. The speed on them is just incredible. Lift hills build up suspense if it's really high but I get more excited in the few seconds waiting for the launch.

A

Anonymous

Hmmmmmm.... I really don't know. :p

Probably lift hill because it brings masses of suspense. No, but so does a launch..especially if it has a countdown (which most do).

I can't pick. Both.

Jake

Strata Poster
If every coaster had a launch, the novelty would be gone and they would all suck.

If every coaster had a lift hill, the novelty wouldn't wear off and i wouldn't get bored of rides.

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
Although the rockets won't replace classic lift based rides the number of rockets will increase. I'm not doubt about it. Vekoma is working on several launched concepts. These rides are less expensive and the parks that are lacking of rockets will be very interested in this type of coaster. Intamin rockets seem to pop up all over the world since a year or so. Every decent park will have a rocket as well as an inverted ride or a woodie.

justinmyersm

Mega Poster
I like the adrenalin rush that you get from being launched, but there is a lot more suspense in a lift hill. I would have to go with the launch.

A

Anonymous

Jake said:
If every coaster had a launch, the novelty would be gone and they would all suck.

If every coaster had a lift hill, the novelty wouldn't wear off and i wouldn't get bored of rides.

Couldn't agree more.

Lauz

Roller Poster
It would depend on the height of the ride. Such as silver star, that is a chain lift hill and is 310ft. It would take about 2 minutes to get to the top of that! For sumthin like colossus and inferno, chainlift suits better, for roller coasters with top hat elements and vertical drops of 90 degrees+ And is over the hight of 200ft i would prefer and Launch!