What's new

Lewa World | Flash | Mack Hyper/Looper

andrus

Giga Poster
Re: Lewa World To Build Mack Hyper(ish) coaster?

Mack track have arrived in China! And according to Vertical Horizons it's most probably for the new hyper at Lewa World! Here are some pics:

Macklewa1.jpg

Macklewa3.jpg

Macklewa4.jpg

Martyn B

CF Legend

So is this going to be like the first mixture of hyper coaster and looper?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

fullsizerender-1024x335.jpg

All I can say is Wow.... this thing looks incredible. That loop is massive and there looks like plenty of airtime. Also the first hill after the turn around looks like a massive Zero-G-Roll.

One of the most exciting coasters for 2015 I reckon.

peep

CF Legend

Yeah, that looks great, long and that loop is huge. I too hope that hill is actually a zero-g, that would be awesome.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

RCDB has this ride listed as having two inversions, so the Zero-G theory looks pretty realistic.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster

This looks absolutely insane. The zero g looks like it will be after turn around but the zero g drop theory would be great.

Lofty

CF Legend

It looks like a pretty good layout to be honest but I can't quite understand why if you was going for a multi-looper/mega coaster combination you wouldn't choose Intamin? Guess is due to cost? Although considering the location of the coaster I don't think that would make much difference?

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Lofty said:
but I can't quite understand why if you was going for a multi-looper/mega coaster combination you wouldn't choose Intamin?

I think when doing business it's also a lot of the feeling you get from the ones you are doing business with. Mack could have given a much better overall impression compared to the other manufacturers, according to the ones who are buying the ride.

It could also be that the buyer have been to Europa Park on a parkstudie and just ended up liking Blue Fire and wanted something similar in the own project.

Lofty said:
Guess is due to cost?

Coming from Mack this ride will be crazy expensive, I would guess that it's not that far from B&M money.

ThomVD

Giga Poster

I prefer the Mack megas over the Intamin megas I've done, so it's not that strange to me. They are also probably more reliable and comfortable for guests.

It looks incredible btw!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

Can't see why anyone would go with Intamin over Mack on this at all.
Intamin haven't exactly had the best reliability track record in comparison to Mack, The last mega coaster Intamin built was SkyRush and while apparently an excellent ride it certainly has it's issues.
While Mack built Helix last year, a ride that combines elements from different types of rides quite well and has got rave reviews.
I think Macks restraints will also handle airtime and inversions better than Intamins.

Having said that there is also an Intamin mega coaster being built in Nanchang, China this year so China gets the best of both worlds.

Lofty

CF Legend

_koppen said:
Lofty said:
but I can't quite understand why if you was going for a multi-looper/mega coaster combination you wouldn't choose Intamin?

I think when doing business it's also a lot of the feeling you get from the ones you are doing business with. Mack could have given a much better overall impression compared to the other manufacturers, according to the ones who are buying the ride.

It could also be that the buyer have been to Europa Park on a parkstudie and just ended up liking Blue Fire and wanted something similar in the own project.
It's probably the latter. The first statement is rather flawed... I run a business and whilst part of what you said about feeling is true - if the cost is right you'll **** go for it, no matter what business you run. Business is not about making friends, it's about making money.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Intamin don't have a great track record, though, Lofty. Mack are a great company who are probably providing a better product with better reliability. I suspect if anything Mack costs more.

DivergentLoop

Roller Poster
Re: Lewa World | unknown | Mack Hyper(ish) coaster?

According to RCDB.com, the roller coaster is called Lightning.

Here is the official stats!

Capacity: 1,040 riders per hour

Length: 4,176.5 ft
Height: 200.2 ft
Drop: 190.3 ft
Inversions: 2
Speed: 71.5 mph
Duration: 2:08
G-Force: 4.2
Elements: Chain Lift Hill
Loop
Zero-G Roll

It's a hyper because the height is 200 ft. tall

http://rcdb.com/6764.htm

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Re: Lewa World | Lightning | Mack Hyper/Looper

More vertical construction. Starting to look better and better.
And I spot a massive loop back there too.

Mackup1.jpg

Mackup2.jpg

Mackup3.jpg

Mackup4.jpg

Mackup5.jpg

thumb_image_11256.jpg

thumb_image_11255.jpg

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

If this is a hyper coaster, it looks to me like Mack's version of I305. It has lots of low-to-the-ground overbanks, with a few pops of airtime. I like it!

_koppen

Hyper Poster

I would actually say it's pretty far away from I305. Sure the last helix feature some low to the ground turns, but that's about it.

This looks like a fantastic ride, and the first drop will probably kick total a$$!

Darren B

Giga Poster

Urgh, why does this have to be built in Asia? Hopefully someone in the Western world invests in one of these bad boys soon.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

Some newer pictures.
And to be fair Darren we did get Helix :) not quite the same as this but as this is the only one of its kind so far maybe we will see a few more pop up post opening.

11717504_1447417485563645_2994717391261874216_o.jpg

11709954_1447417468896980_5151175952328404638_o.jpg

11230976_1447417462230314_5942824660112004427_o.jpg

1617550_1447417472230313_5136982812297586381_o.jpg

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^Any news on an opening date, even roughly? This place wasn't on the cards this year since I didn't think I'd get time, but it's looking like I may get a few days at the end of August between some bulls**t meetings and the kids coming back to school for a trip somewhere not too far away.