What's new

Legoland Florida Website

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
This web site is so bad. All it is is photos from other legoland parks and asking for people to get jobs there. They should show some ideas or rides that will be at the park.

marc

CF Legend
More will be added to the site once they know what they are getting. I posted the link so people could follow it if they wanted to.

marc

CF Legend
Here is an update on the park.

http://orlandoparksnews.blogspot.com/20 ... oland.html

Starliner is going from the park, they have already started to take it apart and try and sell it to another park. I think its a shame and I really think they could have themed it and made it part of the park even though they did not think it went with the rest of the park. The problem with the coaster was where it was built, it is right next to the road on the side of the park.

They are keeping the other woodie though as you can see in the pictures.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I'm dissapointed to be honest. I really thought they'd try to make this a different Legoland park so the British wouldn't think it's just like Windsor but they don't seem to have done that at all. Mind you, there is a much wider audience to attract than just the British isn't there?

The woodie is definately what I'm most excited about, but they're only doing that because it was there in the first place! I actually think (at present) that Widnsor looks better, and In thought this would own it. I'm sure there's still more though..

CMonster

Giga Poster
Ooh, new update!!

Screamscape said:
Legoland Florida held a presentation yesterday to talk about the new park in more detail as well as to point out that the new park will be ready to open in just one short year… in October 2011. The 150 acre park will feature 10 lands when it opens: The Beginning, Fun Town, Miniland USA, Castle Hill, Land of Adventure, Xtreme, LEGO City, Imagination Zone, Pirate Cove and DUPLO Village. They’ve also begun advance sales of tickets and passes at a discount rate, as well as a lifetime pass for a whopping $2,500. Videos showcasing each of the lands have already been posted to the official website, though some sections of the site were not quite working right when I visited, so it’s still a work in progress.
Lets take a better look at the planned attractions for this park. The Beginning is really just the main gate area with shops, no rides to see here. Fun Town will feature more stores, a “Factory Tour” attraction about how Lego bricks are made and the Fun Town Theater, a 4-D theater that will feature four different 4-D films throughout the day with seating for 700.
Miniland USA, a focal point of every Legoland park, will feature mini recreations of Florida landmarks as well as Las Vegas, Washington DC, New York City and a Pirate themed section, all made from thousands of tiny bricks.
Castle Hill, the medieval section of the park, will feature The Dragon coaster, an indoor/outdoor kid friendly ride as well as The Royal Joust ride.
Land of Adventures will be located around the existing kid friendly wooden coaster which will be rethemed as Coastersaurus. It will also feature the Lost Kingdom Adventure shoot’em up dark ride, Pharaoh’s Revenge (foam ball attraction) and the Beatle Bounce (a pair of kiddie tower rides).
Xtreme will have the Lego Technic Test Track coaster (Wild Mouse style) and Aquazone Wave Racers (a seriously fun and wet flat ride I loved at the California park),
LEGO City is where kids get to practice being grown up at the Fun Town Fire Academy (a fun interactive group ride experience), Driving School, Junior Driving School, Flight School and The Big Test show.
Imagination Zone will feature Lego themed video games, playtime with real Lego bricks, and the Kid Power Towers, a sort of self propelled drop tower ride, except you drop very slowly.
From the description of Pirate’s Cove, this is simply the theme of the new Waterski Show and will not have any Pirate themed rides or attractions here other than the show.
Finally we’ve got DUPLO Village… a kiddieland inside a kiddie park, where even the youngest of toddlers can have some playtime on special rides and attractions downsized just for them.

Sounds pretty big, should make for a fun day out!

Source: Screamscape

Nic

Strata Poster
I assume so. Presumably it'll have the awesome old theming put back on the cars rather than the cardboard boxes with windows that it was given in the run up to its demise?

marc

CF Legend
It will probably given these trains. Picture from rcdb.

p6972.jpg