What's new

Launchers Paradise, result!! + Next competition questions.

A

Anonymous

Here comes the results for the Launchers paradise. Finally...
I took a while longer than I wanted, but they are finally done.
But before the results here is the final download with all the tracks.

Download Launchers Paradise Tracks

SO here are the result, it was a really exiting moment as I tallied the scores, there is just a few points separating the third and fourth. And the outcome can have been very different if people had read the design guidelines properly or tunnel tested the tracks properly, anyway:

Last and 5:th place, DQ:ed since it was made by one of the judges :D

Track number 4 (aka Epic Future) was a creation I have made, and no I haven't used any tools, etc. to make it.

4:th place is a track that at least I was surprised about as I found out the maker of it.

With a total of 65 points.

Track number 2, it's most likely called Mushy or that may also be the user :p give it up for Mushroom!!

3:rd place and also 3 points before the 4:th.

A track of which I had no idea on who made it...

Track number 3, Python, which probably was made by metalhead7, but I have no clue...
I guess that I have to add it to the rules that you should write who it's from in the entry mail...

Then comes the top two places with only 12 points between them......

Coming in second, with 98 points.

Could have been a lot closer to the first place if he had not broken the boundary.....

The mess that is track 5, give it up for Error with Bolt!!!

Then it's time for the winner!!

With 110 points.....

Increasing two places from the last competition......

Track number 1.................

Called Holy Diver!!!!!!!!

Congratulation Rollerdude for making the great track that gave you the win!!

Hixee and I would congratulate all the winners and hope that you participate and good luck in future competitions!!

The mail with comments to the participants will go out soon.

Before I post the next competition I have some questions I would like to ask:

How is everyone feeling about the Riders Choice, since there is a very low turnout and this time I had to penalise 2 of the participants due to them not sending in a ballot. Not that it really made any difference in the final score, this time at least.
Should it be scrapped or replaced with something other?

I wonder if anyone have any exams periods coming up, if I were to start up a big competition now or wait until after the exams and host it during the summer vacation? I could run a smaller competition before so that those that don't have any exams could have something to do in the mean time.

Anyway until next time...

Brookes

Giga Poster
To be honest most exams are going on now and have been going since late May. My last one is 22nd June, so I would be free to work on it from then, but my second to last one is Friday so I won't be as busy from then. Personally I think Rider's Choice is a good idea, but there is no way of making sure that a lot of people do it which is unfortunate.

Anyway well done to Rollerdude and I hope I can enter the next comp!

Error

Strata Poster
Nice work rollerdude!

As for rider's choice: not many people really put their info for it. Not much of a point to it. It's interesting to see how people think different then the judges.

BTW where did I break the boundary?

metalhead7

Mega Poster
yeah number 3 was me

i like the rider's choice, but i didn't vote cause i was conflicted as to where to put myself on the voting

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
My last final is tomorrow, so I have all summer to work on a ride. I wouldn't mind doing a larger competition, but I think it needs to be advertised a bit more. It seemed like nobody knew about this one.

Also thank you for those who voted for me.

A

Anonymous

Error: The two supports that are over the launch track both have one footer that are just crossing the boundary. Heck we were even going to penalise one track for having one pixel of a footer over the boundary, before we saw that it was actually the grid that fooled us...

metalhead7: If you had read the rules of the riders choice then you would see that all participants should place their track last in their ballot. As it's the same for all then it will make it as even as possible.

About the riders choice, sure I can set it up, but if I only get a few votes, then it feels a bit wasted time, even if it only takes a couple of minutes...

Maybe a 3:rd judge would be one solution to make it fairer for the contestants...

I think I will put the larger one on hold for a while (say July 1:st), and do a little one until then :)

The best thing about this competition is that I received a mail from someone, that wanted more info about the park and which coaster it was due to replace :D