What's new

Launch it! NL2 Competition

tomahawk

Strata Poster
We are fast approaching, and considering those who I have counted as they confirmed to me that they are entering, have still not officially sent them in, I have 2.

Who is still working? Who gave up? Who got distracted by a squirrel?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Well, after rereading the rules, I messed up REALLY bad. I'm way over the height limit, and nowhere near the minimum length. And knowing me, I'd never have time to rebuild a coaster like this.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
C'mon guys! This is one of the most flexible rounds yet.

We didn't think you liked the really tight rules... :lol:

Colossus

Giga Poster
I restarted mine yesterday as I hated the layout, however I put a shift and a half in yesterday and although my ride ain't brilliant and will more than likely come last again I will have an entry for this.
It may not be sent until the 11th hour on Friday, but you will definitely get one.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Colossus said:
I restarted mine yesterday as I hated the layout, however I put a shift and a half in yesterday and although my ride ain't brilliant and will more than likely come last again I will have an entry for this.
It's the effort that counts! And the enthusiasm! It's a real shame people weren't as keen this time round.

As a rough opinion poll (sorry to hijack the topic Tom), would members be willing to say why they didn't enter this time round? We won't think anything bad of it, it's just Tom's trying hard to keep these ideas coming and keep them exciting (you should see his posts in the Mods area where he's shooting off all these great ideas), and it's a shame that some of them seem to be more/less popular than others. If we have some ideas about what does/doesn't work, then maybe we can try to think of more competitions you will want to enter.

Please, share your thoughts.

Colossus

Giga Poster
I have just so much work into this round in such a short period of time, remember I did all the work to the park before the competition started which was not a quick easy job, then once this competition started I had a really heavy week of work, then went to Germany for 9 days and still I have managed to get a project done.
My point is, there's always time to get something done, it has been stressful at times with the park revamp in the middle of a 50 hour work week.
Yes there can be other reasons, but I don't think finding the time would be a valid excuse.