What's new

Lakemont park closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pontooner37

Roller Poster
As of February 2nd 2024 it was announced that Lakemont Park home of the world's oldest operating (well formerly operating) coaster Leap the dips will not be opening rides this year. Andrea Cohen park president sited rising insurance cost and low attendance as one reason. I call bull as a former employee with over 10yrs combined employment yes attendance was down especially after she stripped essentially all attractions out of the park. She never wanted rides or attractions her goal is to have a park where you can rent a pavilion play mini golf or take a swing in the batting cages and leave she has removed every person in management who supported having and or adding attractions to allow her so see her way to her Ultimate goal. She is vile and I don't expect to ever see those rides or coasters operate again

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
As of February 2nd 2024 it was announced that Lakemont Park home of the world's oldest operating (well formerly operating) coaster Leap the dips will not be opening rides this year. Andrea Cohen park president sited rising insurance cost and low attendance as one reason. I call bull as a former employee with over 10yrs combined employment yes attendance was down especially after she stripped essentially all attractions out of the park. She never wanted rides or attractions her goal is to have a park where you can rent a pavilion play mini golf or take a swing in the batting cages and leave she has removed every person in management who supported having and or adding attractions to allow her so see her way to her Ultimate goal. She is vile and I don't expect to ever see those rides or coasters operate again

Sorry for not seeing this post sooner. Unfortunately, the other topic has been linked to our social media posts, so we'll continue the discussion there. My apologies for not seeing this thread before the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.