What's new

Lake Compounce | Phobia Phear Coaster | Premier Sky Rocket 2

TilenB

Strata Poster
Re: Lake Compounce 2016

I haven't yet ridden one of these, but it's so obvious from the comments that most of the people are making that the one in Holiday Park is a nice and smooth coaster, whereas BGW's model was a huge mistake/mess-up. It's people that rode the Holiday Park one that keep defending it and the people that have ridden Tempesto that are strongly against it. I can imagine not too many have ridden SFDK's model, but if there's anyone, how is it?

^ Ben, good examples to the points that you're making are Blue Fire and Batman clones that are scattered around the globe. Is the fact that there are now so many Blue Fires (or Meat Processing Plants) really making the original worse and less special? I think not, would anybody ought to agree?

Darren B

Giga Poster

TilenB said:
I haven't yet ridden one of these, but it's so obvious from the comments that most of the people are making that the one in Holiday Park is a nice and smooth coaster, whereas BGW's model was a huge mistake/mess-up. It's people that rode the Holiday Park one that keep defending it and the people that have ridden Tempesto that are strongly against it. I can imagine not too many have ridden SFDK's model, but if there's anyone, how is it?

^ Ben, good examples to the points that you're making are Blue Fire and Batman clones that are scattered around the globe. Is the fact that there are now so many Blue Fires (or Meat Processing Plants) really making the original worse and less special? I think not, would anybody ought to agree?

I've also been on the one at Holiday Park. It's still offensive, just not quite as bad as Tempesto. Ben gave the best description of why it's that bad.

As for Batman clones & Blue Fire clones - I find the Batman clones rather boring now, the first one on my recent trip (St Louis) I really enjoyed, but by the time I'd done the THREE in Texas, and the one in Georgia I really did get sick of them. I've only done the original Blue Fire but it's fab <3

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster

Darren B said:
2012Jarrett said:
I don't know what sets me off more, the fact that all this hype was for a clone or the fact that I almost guessed this as a backup. -_- Very anti-climatic announcement over here, but at least Phobia is an epic name for a coaster.

Should at least be a good addition to the park, though. This belongs here more than it does at major parks so it's good to see one going up in a more appropriate park.

Hopefully your parents won't spite you this time.
Shots fired :shock:

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

I've done the one at Discovery Kingdom and thought it was ok. I didn't have any problem with the restraints or find it uncomfortable. I honestly can't remember if it had ankle restraints, but if it did, I must not have noticed, which shows I didn't find them problematic.

These won't be the new Boomerang. They're a new ride type. It's normal for a few to pop up within a short space of time and then die off.

Gazza

Giga Poster

I think I echo Gavin on this one, I don't quite see the reason to hate them. I thought the shoulder straps on the BGW version just were awkward and slowed down loading on a low capacity ride, but it was still decent.
The one at SFDK was pretty good though.

Better than say a Maurer skyloop thats for sure.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Yeah, I don't really see a problem with them adding this. It's their first coaster in over a decade. And the GP loves these, as does some enthusiasts. This is quite substantial for a relatively 'dormant' park. They're adding a triple launch coaster! I mean, sure, it's a clone, but it's one of the better clones out there. And not to mention that it'll be the park's tallest and fastest coaster. I don't see any problem.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster

I have no problem with this, especially when this is a small park. The one at Busch Gardens was hated for capacity but as far as the amount of visitors at Lake Compounce goes, I don't see a problem for this park.

Ben

CF Legend

^How about when you get on the ride it's terrible?

Nothing to do with capacity they just blow.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Ben, it appears you forgot what the word, "Opinion" means. Would you like some help with that?

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Hutch

Strata Poster

I wasn't expecting one of these either, let alone any sort of launched coaster, which I actually thought they could use. I haven't ridden one of these things yet, but I think they look like pretty cool rides. The only things I could think that would make this ride bad is the pacing and the sheer weirdness of the layout. If it has a few fun elements and not uncomfortable or rough, it should be fine. And it'll be good for Lake Compounce because the only good/"big" ride they have now is Boulder Dash.

Ben

CF Legend

GuyWithAStick said:
Ben, it appears you forgot what the word, "Opinion" means. Would you like some help with that?

I know what an opinion is, it's the thing of mine I'm expressing and you're trying to stop me?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

I just find it funny that you want people to have your opinion. Some of us like these Sky Rocket II's. You obviously don't, but that doesn't mean those who haven't ridden any have to hate them too.

Ben

CF Legend

I'm literally expressing an opinion, calm yourself.

If you agreed with me you wouldn't be moaning about it, so let me express my opinion.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

I don't mind them, I've only been on Sky Scream but it was good fun. Not so much fun that I wanted to waste good EGF whoring time for a re ride though.

Superbatboy

Roller Poster

Rode Superman at SFDK, and it was a great little ride. Surprisingly forceful and very smooth. I think it's a perfect edition for a park like Lake Compounce.

Get used to it, these Sky Rockets are probably going to be popping up everywhere in the coming years. They take up a very small foot print, only cost around $6-7 million, and from looking at Superman's footers, the ride appears to be portable as well. It's a win-win for small-medium sized parks.

I still question BGW's decision to add one, but it seems to work well there.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

jtx6di.jpg

Done, thanks to SFNE Online for the pic

Shirofukurou

Mega Poster

Din't realize how much this would tower over the center of the park...

Looks fun, but I wish they put it somewhere less obstructive, like near the river rapids that are all alone back at the end of a road :(

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Looks pretty cool. Does kind of remind me of Impulse @ Knoebels, a large steel coaster in the middle of a "historical" park.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Hate the colors. It stands out too much

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: Lake Compounce | Phobia Phear Coaster | Premier Sky Rock

I really like the colours, the name is what upsets me. PHEAR.