What's new

Lagoon | Cannibal | "In House" Coaster

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I like the look of those coaches. They're quite open like Premier or Zierer coaches, but they have some styling on them instead of just being a few seats mounted to a board on wheels.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Lagoon | Cannibal |

GuyWithAStick said:
It says SUMMER 2015...
That means it will open on Memorial Day weekend at the earliest and I would hold off making trip plans to Salt Lake City until we get an official date.
BTW - I received an email from the park confirming that I'm invited to the media day. Once that date is announced I'll be sure to post it here.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^I received an email confirmation that I'm on the media day invite list and will receive my innovation once the park determines when the media day will take place. Those invites are sent out weeks in advance, so I'm afraid that it looks like it will spite you my friend. :(

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Yeah I was wondering when this would open, multiple Six Flags parks have managed to open their new coasters already :O And while I don't forsee myself ever riding it, I am very intrigued by this ride. I just really wanna see some POVs.

Not sure why I've been so intrigued by this ride! I just like it's layout I guess, and such a big drop at that angle must be nuts.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Re: Lagoon | Cannibal | "In House" Coaster

I just hope this isn't another Flying Turns...

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^It's not going to be that much longer.
The park still has no fixed date, but they are hoping to have the coaster's media event sometime in July. Opening will obviously be shortly thereafter.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
First test riders. but still no opening date.

1471210_10152880922242823_6040619040231814866_n.jpg

From the park's Facebook page

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Bah... *spite* Uh, at least I got to see it testing?
Also, Wicked was a lot of fun.. So I guess that softens the blow of missing a new (cool looking) credit.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG99hRkkn-Q[/youtube]

POV is out! And OMG this looks nuts! That first drop looks so terrifying and insane I think it's worth having that hideous tower there. The elements also seem fairly smooth, I really like the lagoon roll over the water feature. The theming seems to be good quality as well, though I really am puzzled by what they were going for. Like it, though! Can't wait to ride it someday!

Lofty

CF Legend
The theming is so sporadic and false though - only for the off-ride guests and barely any where it matters, on the ride itself.

I have to say though, it looks much smoother than I imagined it being.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Damn soft openings! :p
Can't wait for the media day to be announced and get my ass out there to ride this thing.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

This is amazing. Blows any Euro Fighter out of the water!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

linear1982

Roller Poster
Lofty said:
The theming is so sporadic and false though - only for the off-ride guests and barely any where it matters, on the ride itself.

I have to say though, it looks much smoother than I imagined it being.
Trust Me, there IS Theming just for Riders. The Pacing of Cannibal is just Insane! I'm not sure how diving underground, under Temples, and around and through a 60' Waterfall doesn't count as "theming." Especially with the misting from the Waterfall Inside the Tunnel Through it.

CanobieFan said:
I guess they couldn't even keep it open all day yesterday and it ended up closing before the park did.
It's a "Limited Guest Preview," AKA Soft Opening/Technical Rehearsal, so it happens, as Lagoon has stated. I'm sorry you missed Cannibal, because it's Insane!

Lofty

CF Legend
The internal walls of the tunnels are metal clad walls - that is NOT theming, that's a structure.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Lofty said:
The internal walls of the tunnels are metal clad walls - that is NOT theming, that's a structure.
Mummy at USH has cardboard cutouts painted neon and everyone raves about the theming on that ride. (Granted I know they are referring to preshow, but that ride is ****)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk