What's new

La Ronde/Ottawa/1000 Islands/Wonderland- PTR- ALL UP

August 17th- Canada's Wonderland!

So the next day we were suppose to go to my stepmom's sister's house in Toronto, but instead my dad said he would drop me off at Wonderland while they went there for the day. So we had our yummy breakfast at the hotel and then drove to the capital of Ontario. I couldn't complain about getting another amusement park in the trip! But then I got there and I saw the horrible lines just to get into the park:

353_0688.jpg

As soon as I got in, which took about twenty minutes, I called my mom to let her know I was there. Well, she told me the bad news that both my hamsters passed away the afternoon before, so the whole day was wrecked for me obviously, and I was crying on and off for the whole thing. This is where I found out the sad news:

353_0701.jpg

After I sat down and spoke to my mom on the phone, I went to ride Behemoth, but then I saw this:

353_0689.jpg

I think I can wait until later to ride it!

Soo I went over to Skyrider, which I still think is a good ride. It actually has more airtime than half the things at Wonderland, and it's not as rough as some people say. I've done a Wonderland report last year so I won't go into details. Surprisingly it was a walkon though, probably because 90% of the park was in the Behemoth line.

353_0690.jpg

Then I went over to Silver Streak in Kidzville which was a walkon:

353_0692.jpg

353_0693.jpg

353_0694.jpg

I needed my credit!

Then, to get my last credit that I could get in the park, and probably my last credit of the season (which leaves me at 125), I went over the Fly and waited about fourty minutes to get on the darn thing, which was actually surprisingly scary because it made me feel like I was about to fly off the side more than any other coaster of that type has.

353_0696.jpg

After that I went over to Vortex which had a really long line, said it would be about an hour, but it ended up only being twenty minutes with the entire queue full! Very efficient operations, La Ronde needs to take notes. Still a great ride but it did give me a bit more ear bashing or whatever you wanna call it, than I remember.

I decided to skip Shockwave, one of my favourite flats, because of the line, so I went over to Wild Beast, but not before getting a slushie because they looked delicious but were retardedly over priced:

353_0698.jpg

I even had to wait ten minutes to get a damn drink!

The Wild Beast line ended up being almost half an hour, and I regret giving it another chance because it was just as horrible as my first time on it:

353_0699.jpg

Then I looked at Drop Zone, which was CLOSED, so nobody got to hear my loud screams that day!

353_0700.jpg

Ha! No ridey!

I decided to skip Dragon Fire just because I didn't feel like riding it. I went back over to the front of the park, and back around to Behemoth where I noticed the line was only about halfway full! Score!

353_0702.jpg

I waited about half an hour then I boarded the back of the train. Great airtime as usual, fantastic first drop, the helix was pretty good in the back, and definitely deserves a spot where it is in my top ten. As soon as I got off the ride, the line was back out of the queue and remained that way all day, so I guess I got pretty lucky!

I went and did some Minebuster next because I hadn't been on it since my seventh birthday and needed to ride it again so I could place it properly in my coaster rankings. The line was about twenty minutes but I got to jump in front of about two trains worth of people because they wanted to make the lines even so they could ride with their family. The ride was very smooth actually, and though it didn't have amazing airtime, it is much better than the other woodie in the park, which is a disgrace.

Since I was just taking it easy, I just kept walking back around to the Vortex area where I decided I was gonna ride Thunder Run, just for kicks! I didn't know the line was so long, but it was only about twenty minutes, and I decided I really had to ride it, to once again place it properly in my rankings. It was actually a fun little coaster! A little bit short, but it was more intense than I remember it being, and screw it, it is a credit whether it's powered or not!

353_0697.jpg

I can see you, Thunder Run!

At this time I was hot as hell so I went back to where the water ride was and waited the longest wait of the day. It was a rapid ride, and I waited about an hour for it, and I ended up barely even getting wet, so I made my way over to the chute the chutes and stood on the bridge, where I definitely got soaked!

I was getting a little tired then, so I went back to Behemoth to check the line, but it was still full, so I just went on Backlot which was a fairly short line at about fifteen minutes. Still a very fun ride, and I've always liked them for some reason. They're just good fun!

Going to parks alone is really no fun, so I just decided I was gonna do a few flats and head out. I saw the Enterprise was a walkon, so stupid me decided to ride it, and I came super close to hurling because I had just drank another huge slushie. Thankfully I didn't, and I won't ride that again:

353_0703.jpg

Then I had bad luck with Riptide, Jet Scream, and Psyclone, all of which I went in line for, they brokedown, I left the line, and then they reopened right after, so I thought screw it whatever, it's almost time to leave anyway, so I went and bought a keychain and left. Here is a few shots of Psyclone:

353_0706.jpg

353_0705.jpg

And Wonder Mountain, which owns the Eiffel Towers:

353_0708.jpg

So then I went out into the parking lot and left!

I had a pretty okay day otherwise though, I went back to my stepmom's sister's house, had a very big dinner, then shortly after I went to bed because I was upset about my pets and I didn't feel great. The next day we left the house around nine, grabbed some McDonalds, and I got home at about one on the eighteenth.

Overall I had a very fun trip minus the bad stuff about my hamsters. Ottawa is beautiful, Thousand Islands are beautiful, and I got to ride some good coasters!

Ali

Mega Poster
Great trip report Tay, defiantly need to get out to CW one day, how far away is it from SFNE or Lake Compounce?

Oh and are you not put off eating McDonalds at all by working there?

Emmett

Giga Poster
Nice reports Taylor, I enjoyed reading them. Good mix of parks and culture. I have to say Ottawa looks amazing. Pitty that Canda's Wonderland was rammed with people on the day, I bloody hate that.

^ Eight hours from Six Flags New England, haha. It's a very nice park though, one of the nicer parks I've been to in terms of atmosphere. Not amazing in the coaster category, but everything is pretty decent.

And no I'm not put off eating McDonalds, I just don't eat the beef there, so not the cheeseburgers, hamburgers, Big Macs, etc. I just took that picture of the Big Mac as a joke, I didn't actually eat there :p . I only ate the pancakes the morning I left, because our pancakes are amazing.

Ali

Mega Poster
Ye I bet Tay, we all know you had the Large Double Big Mac meal! We get free Coke glasses with every large meal here in UK! :p

^ LOL I think the double Big Macs are ridiculous. You mouth has to be the size of like, a basketball to be able to take a full bite outta those! I only ever either gte the pancakes, grilled snack wraps, or grilled Southwest burgers. And now I want one.. Thanks.

Snoo

The Legend
I always wondered why CW never added a decent queue line for Behemoth.. knowing full well it will fill up some busy days.

Well at least you called. :)

No prob Tay, fatty! . Just kidding, don't cry.

HOW RUDE.

Jokes, I think I know very well I am not fat :p .

I always wondered why CW never added a decent queue line for Behemoth.. knowing full well it will fill up some busy days.

The queue IS pretty small.. It has a straight section, a cattlepen with about five or six rows, a turn, another cattle pen with maybe four or five rows, then a turn and a straight section up to the stairs and into the station. Actually in the end, it's still probably bigger than Diamondback's, but Diamondback doesn't get the lines that Behemoth does.

Well at least you called.

Huh?

Tony

Hyper Poster
Great PTR! Shame Goliath was disappointing as I thought it looked pretty decent and I love the Superman colour scheme on it :p .

Good to hear Vampire is your favourite Batman clone and it has the same awesome colour scheme as La Fuga. Sounds like it rides like it to with it being glass smooth! The rest of the park looks like a dump though :p .

^ Yah, Goliath has a pretty sweet colour scheme, but I'll take the colours of Behemoth or Nitro over it anyday :p .

The rest of the park isn't really a dump, well, it is, but it has potential so that is what makes me angry about it. Some areas are nice, like the area near the log flume and the area near Dragon, but everything in between is lame. Damn, all they need to do is add in some shade and that would even be an improvement. Awnings over queues on a 95 degree day would have been nice.

^ Yeah, Wonderland is usually a pretty busy park. I got lucky when I went last year because nothing was really over a half hour wait, but most days it's super busy because of how it's next to Toronto, etc.

Sucks, but you can get everything done even on a busy day if you try.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Nice report Tay.

La Ronde sounds pretty terrible! Was thinking about doing that place soon, but I might give it a miss for a while. And I need to go back to Wonderland for Behemoth, hopefully in the years few years I'll get on the case and do it!

^ Yeah, La Ronde certainly would not be worth the trip, unless you were already in the area or going around there, like I was. I would have never traveled ten hours just for the park itself!

Wonderland on the other hand might be worth going back to for Behemoth, but maybe you should go to KI for Diamondback instead..

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Great reports sweetie!
I hope CW is a lot quieter when I go next weekend. I also think I'll hit up La Ronde next year, since we get in for free, even though it doesn't look that great. I'm hoping to go to Texas as well and that way I will have my Goliath list complete. :wink:

Jake

Strata Poster
Behemoth <3.

I can't believe you rode Wild Beast even though you already had the credit... that thing is terrible. I actually thought my spine was going to break :(.

Vortex is awsome, sooo much better than Big Bad Wolf.

No pics of Sledgehammer? That makes me sad. It's the most awsome flat EVER!

Great reports sweetie!
I hope CW is a lot quieter when I go next weekend. I also think I'll hit up La Ronde next year, since we get in for free, even though it doesn't look that great. I'm hoping to go to Texas as well and that way I will have my Goliath list complete.

Thanks Jerry! And yes I do hope Wonderland is quieter for you.. Most of the lines weren't too bad in the morning besides Behemoth, but even so, I hope everything is a walkon or short wait for ya!

And La Ronde wouldn't even be worth the drive! Well, if you're gonna do the same thing I did by going to maybe sightsee a bit in Montreal/Ottawa then that would be worth it but not for the park alone!

Behemoth <3.

I can't believe you rode Wild Beast even though you already had the credit... that thing is terrible. I actually thought my spine was going to break

Yess, Behemoth was running so well and so trimless <3 I can't believe I rtode Wild Beast again either but when I got back last time everyone was like omgg it's not even that bad so I was like wahey I'll give it another chance! But, it sucked even worse..

Vortex is awsome, sooo much better than Big Bad Wolf.

No pics of Sledgehammer? That makes me sad. It's the most awsome flat EVER!

Vortex is really cool, I love the setting and it's still a pretty intense ride. Sledgehammer was actually NOT running which was annoying (I saw quite a few things broken at Wonderland actually which was unusual and not the operations I've come to love from Cedar Fair).