Lofty

CF Legend
giphy.gif

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's beautiful. I love the little hump before the first drop. Outlaw Run has something similar and it feels like you're getting a cheeky push over the edge.

Just look at it. It's a masterpiece.

<insert ejaculation gif here>

darrenhosker

Roller Poster
What has Vekoma got to do with this coaster? According to the RMC post on Facebook, they mention a partnership with Vekoma on this ride!

darrenhosker

Roller Poster
Did Vekoma not do the same with Arrow Dynamics back in the day and then copy everything they taught them and capitalize on it? I may be mistaken, but I'm sure I saw it somewhere. If so, then RMC should be weary of that if they didn't already cover it with contracts etc.

Dar

Hyper Poster
They did, but I can't see them improving on RMC's design. They only capitalised on arrow's designs because they were ****. I think RMC are already doing everything they can with their track work, leaving Vekoma little to market as their own

_koppen

Hyper Poster
darrenhosker said:
What has Vekoma got to do with this coaster?

Quite a lot. They have manufactured and installed the electrical system. They also manufactured the steel towers for the lift.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Those are some great looking trains. Good simple touch.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Is anyone else confused by how quickly they've managed to get people on the ride!

I think it's fab, but I'm so used to rides taking forever to commission. There's always this massive gap between construction completed and first test train, then another massive wait before first riders are allowed on.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
bob_3_ said:
Is anyone else confused by how quickly they've managed to get people on the ride!

I think it's fab, but I'm so used to rides taking forever to commission. There's always this massive gap between construction completed and first test train, then another massive wait before first riders are allowed on.

TELL ME ABOUT IT! RMC have stitched me up a treat. A week ago they hadn't even installed the drop?? How does that even happen.

Oh well I'm looking forward to Xtreme flyer and slingshot to be fair.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I'm totally guessing here.
Different commissioning regulations in Sweden vs the US? We know they are working around the clock to run this, so combined with maybe different regs, they may have literally run this all weekend to get the required laps and then allowed park owners on.
But yeah, it isn't the norm, and I love that they are doing everything in their power to open it ontime. It makes a lovely change from other companies accepting delays and/or pushing out half baked attractions.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
DelPiero said:
I'm totally guessing here.
Different commissioning regulations in Sweden vs the US?
Bingo.

In short, in the U.S., each state is left to govern, inspect, and regulate amusement park rides (tapping back to the Tenth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution). The framework is most often a combination of state law requiring inspection and certification of rides (Here is Ohio's specific code for those political junkies) and internal policy set by state agencies. Using Ohio as a continuing example, our state department of agriculture is actually the agency in charge of permitting and inspection of amusement rides. They in turn look to different expert groups for guidance on ride inspection criteria, such as the Amusement Industry Manufactures & Suppliers International (AIMS) or National Association of Amusement Ride Safety Officials.

Jumping over to Sweden, IAAPA actually has a fantastic list of safety legislation by country, detailing Sweden as:

IAAPA said:
In Sweden fixed site amusement rides are under the jurisdiction of the National Swedish Police Authority (FAP 513-1). All rides shall be inspected and approved by an independent inspection body authorized by the Police and certified by SWEDAC – both in connection with the first construction of the rides and later in connection with yearly examinations. Inspection certificates, permitting the opening of the rides, shall be visible for the users of the ride.

All inspections take place in accordance with SS-EN 13814:2005, which is identical with Euro Norm 13.814 (however with certain additions) as well as all relevant (EN-) standards concerning electrical installations, fire safety, etc. Furthermore all rides must be constructed in accordance with the Swedish building codes as well as environmental legislation. Finally the amusement rides must be constructed and operated in accordance with the national health and safety laws, meaning amongst other things that risk assessments must take place for all working procedures.

As part of the Swedish safety scheme, the operators of amusement rides must keep a log concerning all maintenance as well as internal inspections. This log is accessible to the independent inspection body as well as public authorities.

Now, without digging into the actual legislative code for Sweden (in part because it's in Swedish :razz: ), it would appear the major reason why Sweden appears more nimble to inspect and certify than the U.S. is because Sweden allows for a third party, private inspector to conduct the certification of a ride. In the U.S., states typically require the inspection to be by a state employee (remember when Department of Ag. photo bombed the webcam on Power Tower?). And to no one's surprise: it can be difficult to get government to move quickly. Sweden also may imaginatively have a lower requirement on hours of operation before opening.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
He's a bit of a dad. Are there any other dickalicious deities in the theme park world that I should know about?
This is opening in the three days! Can't wait to see more off ride videos of it whizzing all over the rocky valley.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^^ Forgot his name, Charles Summat, but the owner/manager of Tayto Park fits the category.