What's new

Knott's Teasing Possible Pony Express Removal?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I thought Pony Express was pretty fun and I enjoyed the launch. It's much better than Coast Rider at least...
It is better than Coast Rider, which goes to show how bad Knotts' investments were between Silver Bullet and Hangtime. But I rode Motocoaster at Darien Lake the same year that I rode Pony Express and Motocoaster was much more intense and exhibited a much better launch.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Can we just all acknowledge the insanity of a potential Pony Express removal, while Jaguar! still runs like a rampant weed through Fiesta Village?

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
I can't speak for Jaguar as it was closed for refurbishment in March (I guess it's not going anywhere soon!), but is it not a Tivoli? Tivoli's are great entry level family models, there's a reason both RCT and PC based their family coasters off the model.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I can't speak for Jaguar as it was closed for refurbishment in March (I guess it's not going anywhere soon!), but is it not a Tivoli? Tivoli's are great entry level family models, there's a reason both RCT and PC based their family coasters off the model.
My point is Jaguar has a heck of a footprint. ;)

Knott's is a park perpetually pressed for space. If removing Pony Express is the next move for a ride addition, so be it. I mean, it isn't like we've seen some new examples of how to pack massive rides into small footprints:

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Can we just all acknowledge the insanity of a potential Pony Express removal, while Jaguar! still runs like a rampant weed through Fiesta Village?
The difference is that Jaguar is actually fun, and despite its huge footprint, the park has done a good job at minimizing that footprint by routing paths immediately next to the coaster and filling in the remaining space with flat rides.