What's new

Kings Island removes Firehawk

justinmyersm

Mega Poster
Yes, another person recycling @Snoo's jokes. How original.
Speaking of @Snoo, X-Flight was better.
4786450751652038d286a2906f9a27c7.jpg

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Actually, it's probably Kentucky Flyer. :p
Relocating this ride would be like getting a heart transplant from a donor who died of cardiac failure. They’re doing it because they can’t feasibly keep it operational anymore. It’s not like it’s unpopular in the big park so it could have new life as a headliner in the small park, it would be just as hard for Kentucky Kingdom to keep it running.

Buying used rides is also something I’ve heard Ed Hart doesn’t do. It’s known that there are certain industry tropes he isn’t necessarily a fan of, and relocating used coasters is supposedly one of them, as well as launched coasters and spinning rides.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I think the bigger consideration in removing Firehawk is simply capacity, of which the coaster is attrocious. And with the clearing of Dinosaurs Alive! next door, there is a lot of pre-developed, opened real estate.

Keeping Vortex, in a weird way, can actually be a good move. There is still a place for “entry” level big kid roller coasters; while the Arrow multi-looper is an older generation, relatively few have ever been removed as they still serve an important staple.

b&mfanboy123

Mega Poster
*BREAKING NEWS* *IMPORTANT* *NEW*
"News from CNN has broken out that Firehawk will be transferred to Kentucky Kingdom as the *New* Kentucky Flyer which is a intamin Diving flying coaster, and the Banshee Roller coaster will be going to Valleyfair where it will open as Mantis the Ride and then the Storm Chasing Roller Coaster Ride will be moving to the Banshee land area where it will open as the Son of Beast the revival."
Cranedude
CNN
Kings Island

justinmyersm

Mega Poster
*BREAKING NEWS* *IMPORTANT* *NEW*
"News from CNN has broken out that Firehawk will be transferred to Kentucky Kingdom as the *New* Kentucky Flyer which is a intamin Diving flying coaster, and the Banshee Roller coaster will be going to Valleyfair where it will open as Mantis the Ride and then the Storm Chasing Roller Coaster Ride will be moving to the Banshee land area where it will open as the Son of Beast the revival."
Cranedude
CNN
Kings Island
Please. Please link us to this source.

KJ7500

Roller Poster
Well if it's for a multi-year project, they don't have to. Plenty of examples of rides being removed for a multi year development. With Vortex's location, they can get PLENTY of groundswell for their announcement next year.

Given what they COULD do with that location, there is enough space to do something majestic. I don't think Giga, but I do think something good.

Firehawk, while unique, doesn't offer the same location perks. Plus, while it is not the best ride, it is much better then Vortex.
I hate to say I told you so but. .. oh, who am I kidding ? I love it !

Edward M

Strata Poster
I keep coming to this thread meaning to comment, but there’s always some stupid s**t going on. Honestly, is it just me or is that way more common in threads these days? And what’s with all these accounts about cranes?

Anyway, I’m personally a bit sad to see Firehawk go though I guess I’d rather see it out of there than Vortex. Not too much of a loss but I thought it was a unique enough experience. Either way, I’m glad that corner with Flight of Fear may finally be getting something worthwhile. Pls be a giga.