What's new

Kings Island | Orion | B&M Giga Coaster

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

We have KI messing with the media now! One thing I notice here is, “trajectory examination of past impacts helped astronomers,” and with this being The End Of The World As We Know It, could the ride have a sort of meteor theme? I kind of get Deep Impact vibes from this now, I wouldn’t be shocked to see it take on some sort of cataclysmic asteroid/meteor theme.

Jarrett

Someone did some digging and found that the coordinates on the last page were all for various meteor craters, bar one which was the Firehawk site. Also, Chicxulub and Vredfort are both craters as well, which drives my theory home even more.

Also saw that the names on the first page (Bruce, Brezhnev, Banks, Bernstein) are also the names mentioned in REM’s End Of The World, which had taken on a life as a sort of anthem of this project already.

I’ll be popping in tonight to nab one more round of construction pictures before the announcement weather permitting while Kaylee donates plasma again. Thursday we will be back to get photos and watch the announcement live, along with the promised ERT in Coney Mall. Work Friday morning is going to suck but it’ll be worth it!

Jarrett

Just don't make it the "Alien-meteor-struck-the-apple-orchard" theme of Twisted Timbers, please.
That is true! This is the second mention of a meteor in a CF storyline, wonder if they’ll tie the two together or one will allude to the other.

Again, they need to play REM, or the announcement will be a waste.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
IDK about the park, but Kaylee and I will be blasting it as we drive into the parking lot for it!

5B29F1A0-92B1-45FE-B203-334B8978DE0B.jpeg

8D54ECDE-6AFD-4355-B1A1-5C2A8311C755.jpeg

We have a crane on site!

Jarrett

They'll never build a Giga with that...
If they duct tape the crane to a drone they could, maybe Firehawk was the test flight for KI’s new construction drone that will build the first ever coaster constructed by an unmanned aerial vehicle? That’s a record they can break! ;)

Given they are going all out with the hype, that should be the podium for the announcement.
The podium is already in place!

Will anybody else be there tomorrow night? We were going to do another plasma donation/KI session but cancelled the plasma appointment so we have more time to enjoy the park prior! Totally down to meet up if anybody’s going to be there for it!

Jarrett

This announcement is a ton of fun so far but it’s crowded enough that it’s triggering my claustrophobia a bit. Powering through it because we got an awesome spot!

FINAL LOCKED IN PREDICTION: B&M giga named Orion around 300-305’ range themed to a cataclysmic meteor impact and some agency supposed to stop it. Layout will be roughly Leviathan’s length and be more of B&M’s take on the whole “15 seconds of hell on wheels” concept we’ve been seeing with short coasters like Lightning Rod or Maxx Force. Theming prop called out in prints will be a large moving radio telescope that doubles as a ride sign. Ride will have the same blue track and white supports seen at the B&M plant and leaked prints are accurate.