What's new

Kings Island | Orion | B&M Giga Coaster

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
On the subject of available space, I think KI is kind of trying not to develop new land unless they have to. The park is fairly spread out in some areas and they have enough room to work with without having to go onto that grassy hill behind Banshee. Honestly, I think once Invertigo bites the dust in a few years (it’s no secret it’s on its last leg) I think that area up by KI Theater/Congo Falls/Invertigo’s site is going to be the next prime real estate for some sort of addition. There are also a ton of trees separating the park from the parking lot with a little creek running through it, cut into those trees and you have room to build basically whatever you want.

I will be there tomorrow to snag some more photos. KI has confirmed a webcam would go live once it goes vertical so I think it’s safe to assume Orion’s still very much on the ground.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

Base of the drop went in today per the webcam. Looks like she should start reaching for the stars very soon!

We went yesterday for a few hours but left the cameras behind since we’re going next week. Looks like groundwork is either complete or extremely close to it, the clearing next to Beast’s trim shed is now full of completed footers and I think I saw an asphalt paved maintenance road back there as well. Kaylee also noticed that FoF now has new announcements played in the queue line audio. The Chaos building also now rocks the Area 72 paint job and sports a large 44 on the side of it, not sure how long that’s been there since I just did Chaos for the first time yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk