What's new

Kings Island | Orion | B&M Giga Coaster

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Dear God... they’re going to use cranes!

fun theory, but TEOTWAWKI is very widely known as The End Of The World As We Know It; that is indeed the reference.

And I’m also sorry, but Cambridge, OH (John Glenn birthplace) and Wapakoneta, OH (Neil Armstrong birthplace) are not south. :p
I didn’t know that, actually. Saw people kind of grasping at straws and someone picked end of the world and I had assumed it had just stuck. But if TEOTWAWKI is really an established acronym then I guess I should keep my mouth shut. :p

Wasn’t aware John Glenn was born in Cambridge but I thought Wapok was still considered to be in the Aviation Heritage Area. Plus Ohio as a whole has produced the most astronauts, which is why I think this would be our local flare ride, to go along with FOF and it’s Wright Patt reference. You know your state’s full of annoying coaster fanboys when it’s also leading in people who leave the planet! :p

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I didn’t know that, actually. Saw people kind of grasping at straws and someone picked end of the world and I had assumed it had just stuck. But if TEOTWAWKI is really an established acronym then I guess I should keep my mouth shut. :p

Wasn’t aware John Glenn was born in Cambridge but I thought Wapok was still considered to be in the Aviation Heritage Area. Plus Ohio as a whole has produced the most astronauts, which is why I think this would be our local flare ride, to go along with FOF and it’s Wright Patt reference. You know your state’s full of annoying coaster fanboys when it’s also leading in people who leave the planet! :p
Astronauts and Presidents: that’s what Ohio does. ??

It's so obviously a typo.

facepalm.jpg

@Hyde, fix it and stop this madness.
lol, that’s what I get for blindly quoting @Antinos. :p

bernatc22

Mega Poster
I really like the color but I do agree that an underbelly of different color would have added some spice. Still a very pleasing shade of blue, if I say so myself.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Matt N

CF Legend
There is no such thing as too many roller coasters painted a lovely shade of blue! <3
I agree; I almost wish more coasters were painted dark blue! I especially like a shade that I'm not sure whether you refer to it as navy blue or midnight blue; kind of the colour that Banshee's blue train is!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Although I hadnt thought about it before now I guess all 3 of CW, Carowinds and KI's B&M Hypers are towards the reddish end of the spectrum while all 3 of their gigas are the blue end. We shouldnt be surprised this is blue :)

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
Although I hadnt thought about it before now I guess all 3 of CW, Carowinds and KI's B&M Hypers are towards the reddish end of the spectrum while all 3 of their gigas are the blue end. We shouldnt be surprised this is blue :)

Yeah, I always assumed it would be a cool color to contrast with Diamondback’s warm color scheme, which would help eliminate some visual similarities.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Yeah, I always assumed it would be a cool color to contrast with Diamondback’s warm color scheme, which would help eliminate some visual similarities.
It's becoming a busy skyline between Invertigo teal, Banshee purple, and Diamondback red. Visually, I'm really excited to see how they will round out the sightline for the northside of the park, and really should command a lot of the visual backdrop.