Giga Poster
Re: GCI Woodie for Kings Island 2017?

637.gif

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

ECG said:
Not GCI. Just sayin'...
Well that's certainly interesting. I'd say my next guess would be GG then, for two reasons. Not only are they local but those support trusses looks remarkably like what one should expect from a more traditional woodie like Voyage or RFII. Also, I feel like we'd be seeing sections with more support off to the side to support inversions and the like if it was RMC.

Surprised to see it isn't GCI considering how CF always works with either them or B&M only anymore so it'll be interesting to see who else is coming into the picture.

Jarrett

Intricks said:
Well, considering what he posted in the Mean Streak topic...
Did just see that too. If my home park gets RMC... <3

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

It's great that two(or one) Cedar Fair parks are finally getting RMCs, it's just sad that it might be the ones in the same state that don't deserve them. They'll fit perfectly at both, don't get me wrong, I just think that a park like Kings Dominion or or WOF could benefit a lot more from an RMC than the two biggest CF parks.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

GuyWithAStick said:
It's great that two(or one) Cedar Fair parks are finally getting RMCs, it's just sad that it might be the ones in the same state that don't deserve them. They'll fit perfectly at both, don't get me wrong, I just think that a park like Kings Dominion or or WOF could benefit a lot more from an RMC than the two biggest CF parks.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Or a park like Michigan Adventure or Dorney that really don't get much love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jarrett

I feel like we could be seeing kind of a mix between Joker and Goliath going up here. Joker's drop, Goliath's adjacent hills, and maybe a step-up under flip at the end? If you look at those supports, they also look like RMC's "build two-dimensional trusses on the ground, put them up separately, and connect them" MO. Definitely a shorter RMC like Goliath but mixing twisty bits with airtime.

Only thing on the plans that raises suspicions is the separate platform for the brake run. That looks very GCI, the rest I see RMC in.

Or a park like Michigan Adventure or Dorney that really don't get much love.

From a business standpoint, do you really think getting a RMC coaster at Michigan's Adventure would be a good idea? To the GP, Shivering Timbers is already a massive wooden coaster so why would they add another, especially when it's one of their least visited, and least tended to parks. The focus there is definitely the water attractions.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

I'm going to Michigan's Adventure in a couple of months. I'll never be going back. For that reason, I don't want them to ever get a new coaster. Ever.

^ The only "new" coasters I can see them getting are hand me downs from other parks. Their last coaster was a **** SLC from Geauga Lake about a century ago, so that shows how willing they are to make any big investments into their coasters. Their water park has seen some decent expansion though.

Jarrett

I have a friend who went to that park and he said it's a **** hole. He's an IROC-certified ride op and noticed a ton of safety violations, one of which he and some of his ride op friends actually had to hold a train as guests to keep someone from getting hurt. Not to mention the dump closed at 2:30. It's on my crosshairs for the future but based on what I heard, Cedar Fair really doesn't care about it. At all. I wouldn't be surprised to see the next time Ouimett seriously looks at the place would be to shut it down. I mean, even **** Dorney got Flying Scooters and that place is dire! I could easily see this being the next Wildwater Kingdom in that the dry park shuts down leaving the water park as a standalone attraction, only the dry park was never much to begin with. :p

Back on topic, if CF goes RMC and does this whole "one conversion, one ground up" thing we see this year, they have a ton of potential. Wild Beast, Timberwolf, and maybe the Hurlers would make good conversions while CP, CGA (especially since it's getting the Caro treatment), KBF, and maybe even Caro (especially if they RMC Hurler and kill all wood at the park) would be good candidates for smaller topper track ground-up coasters. The real question is, would they still go with B&M for one massive ride a year? If CW gets Ziz and we see two other RMCs, potentially, especially with KI being the last of the major four parks lacking a giga.

Not to mention if these smaller ones like KI is getting are "mid thrill," these conversions are "ride renovations," and the B&Ms are "major thrill," this would fit in with what we see on that season table thing.

Sorry to ramble in the morning but take as you will. :p

NoahGarcia

Roller Poster

Jarrett said:
I feel like we could be seeing kind of a mix between Joker and Goliath going up here. Joker's drop, Goliath's adjacent hills, and maybe a step-up under flip at the end? If you look at those supports, they also look like RMC's "build two-dimensional trusses on the ground, put them up separately, and connect them" MO. Definitely a shorter RMC like Goliath but mixing twisty bits with airtime.

Honestly it's insanely apparent that layout is a GCI. The first drop can be clearly seen in the top right and there is no indication whatsoever that any of the elements are from RMC. Hell, even the wide supports look very GCI to me.

Just my opinion...

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

Supposedly those plans are totally fake. Just what I'm hearing though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

In the interest of putting my own hands on the building permit, I have mailed and submitted my own written public records request for all documents pertaining to Kings Island 2016 attraction construction and permitting. I'll let everyone know when I hear back from the city.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Crossing my post from the Mean Streak thread to here. Irvine Engineering has been awarded a new Cedar Fair project - who knows if Kings Island is the one targeted.

In the Mean Streak Rumor thread said:
Irvine Engineering just posted this. Related? We shall see.

[facebookpost]https://www.facebook.com/IrvineOndreyEngineering/photos/a.475305665826794.115576.474347982589229/1200454699978550/?type=3[/facebookpost]

Ben

CF Legend

I'm gonna sound thick.

Who are Irvine Ondrey Engineering why should I care .

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

^They did the control systems for Lightning Rod, Gold Striker at California's Great America, White Lightning at Fun Spot America as well as Lightning Run and Storm Chaser at Kentucky Kingdom. The company was formed in 2012 by husband and wife team of Brian Ondrey and Anne Irvine. Ondrey previously worked at Consign, another American owned company with over 25 years of experience specializing in amusement ride safety control systems.