What's new

Kings Island | Mystic Timbers | GCI Wooden Coaster

Ben

CF Legend
Re: Kings Island 2017- Teaser or 'Murica?

Ah hahaha.

Be quiet Jarrett. Don't say you're number one when you've ALREADY BACKTRACKED ON WHAT YOU SAID.

You're so knowledgeable that you keep changing your mind?

Are you back to saying it'll be a Giga now, or?

You don't have a **** clue so don't be rude about being brought up on it. You think you're a strong, confident woman, but really you're just petulant.

Lofty

CF Legend

Hang on, I follow you around and call you out on stuff? Get off your high horse, dear, I can't think of anything worse than following you around this forum to be honest. This was a new topic, I posted in it, due to how often you post, clearly I'm going to post after you on many topics, I ain't following you bitch.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

^Um, no. Name one other member you've called out.

Literally everything I posted was coming from Facebook discussions about this. The rumor has been that we're getting a giga since two years ago and this campaign looked exactly like when we last got a coaster. It was a logical assumption.

Looking at the plot now, it doesn't look like there will be a lot of room back there so it's looking doubtful (the Ziz rumor seems way more likely too). However, it looks like they would have an appropriate plot for a dark ride back there with enough groundwork. I didn't backtrack, upon looking at it more I adapted what I speculated. Allowing your opinions and hypothesese to grow is a crucial part of science and engineering, nothing dumb about it at all. And you certainly shouldn't just write somebody's off at the drop of a hat.

I won't stop talking, I won't shut up, and I won't let people silence me. This has gone on long enough and I'm done.

Nobody keeps me from sticking up for myself anymore. That's how it is, grow up and drink your Haterade.

Lofty

CF Legend

Haterade? **** tit

I'm not going to name members that I've had confrontations with as that's just instigating more arguments and hassle and if you don't understand that, you clearly lack in social understanding. Just check back through the topics I've posted in and you'll see, primarily construction topics.

That's the thing - it was coming from Facebook posts, so please don't start to have a go at people calling your theories out if they aren't privilege to this information or know where to get to it?

Back on topic because I can't be arsed going in **** circles of self pity with you:

If they were to get a dark ride - what would it be? Chances of them doing a Six Flags and slapping an IP on it or more Wonder Montain's Guardian and creating new content and original story? Either way, if it is a dark ride, It would be great to see a new narrative because, well, dark rides yay.

Ben

CF Legend

Alright, calm down Rosa Parks.

You came in and said it'd be a Giga, cried when someone pulled you up on it, and now you've backtracked. Don't tell me that it's a scientific process. That don't fly.

I think it'll be a coaster personally, I just can't see KI bothering with a dark ride. Mostly because that park's **** and shoving in a coaster is more their modus operandi.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

Jarrett said:
I won't stop talking, I won't shut up, and I won't let people silence me.

Coasterforce's very own dissident, political prisoner and human rights activist. With my red sharpie at the ready I'm about the cover my university accommodation with this inspirational quote.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

Well this thread is pretty crap, expected a lot more drama.
Someone wake me up when there's actual hints or construction.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Back on topic please.

I don't mind discussions about ideas, why they are/aren't logical or valid and things like that, but let's calm down the bitching match please. :D

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

tbf, Jarrett had a reason to go back on the Giga idea. It's been rumored for years(as said), so when he saw a picture construction walls he didn't quite know the location of, he goes for the most popular, semi-reasonable rumor there is. He then goes to the park to see for himself. He sees that the location is a lot smaller than anticipated, which made the Giga rumor less plausible. A dark ride is reasonable, though I don't know why they started construction so early. Even Fury started later. I'm going to say a Triotech dark ride for now, but this is still April. We have a ton of time for speculation.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

CF has done dark rides focused, to an extent, on rides existing in the park. The KBF features tidbits from all their defunct rides, and to not sound like a total idiot, isn't there some mountain thing at CW which is the basis for that. If they kept said theme, a story of the mythos of Beast could work, but I expect a coaster.

But if it's a giga and the pov comes out and jarrett claims it looks **** and then another one shows the exact same thing the next day and says it's best thing since sliced bread, game over.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Shirofukurou

Mega Poster

It's not like KI's history of Dark rides is completely empty, though, they used to have the notable Phantom Theatre (memorable Mansion-type omnimover). I don't think it's completely out of the question.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

I know that it's not the target area, but what if they used the old Crypt show building for a dark ride? I mean, that building was massive and besides Haunt, it's not used throughout the year, right?

In my opinion, King's Island could get a giga coaster in the next few years judging the current CF trends of having both a hyper- and gigacoaster in their flagship parks' line-up.

Early construction either means it's going to be BIG, or elaborate, or both... :--D

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Guys, the hint is very clear.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/lepolt/status/721139218135838720[/tweet]

timber_tower-x600.jpg

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

^Thunderhead clone as seen in the background!? YAAASSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Lofty

CF Legend

Out of curiosity for those that have been on a Topple Tower - are they as **** as I can imagine?

Olaf

Mega Poster

A gci woodie at KI? no, not yet. I do like the Giga idea but they do not need it. I'd honestly like a intamin or mack mega, even though they won't get them.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Lofty said:
Out of curiosity for those that have been on a Topple Tower - are they as **** as I can imagine?
Yup, absolutely. I rode the Dollywood Topple Tower, and it was very slow with no real excitement/forces while riding. It also featured animatronics/features as you tilted over various corners, which gave it nice asthetics, but that's it.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Yep, they're s**t. I've only managed to get on one out of the three I've seen, and even that one ride was on a repeat visit to Djurs; it had been closed the first time.

They're an operational/maintenance nightmare, and they offer nothing to the rider. Quite possibly the absolute worst major flat ride ever pulled out of someone's arse.

KingOfI305

Roller Poster

Jarrett it seems that you really have a problem with criticism. If you're going to post bold statements on the internet and not expect folks to come back at you, then don't post it.

I'm not trying to start anything, but from my observation, it seems that there is quite a bit of miscommunication. If we all were to be less aggressive with one another, maybe we would be able to have actual rumor-related discussions without name calling or talking trash about one another.

Food for thought comrades :)