TLARides

Hyper Poster
Seriously? Where have you been hiding?
2017 - InvadR, Mystic Timbers, Mine Blower
2016 - Lightning Rod
2015 - Switchback
2014 - Roar-O-Saurus, Goliath
2013 - Gold Striker, White Lightning, Outlaw Run, Flying Turns,
The place where I've never counted hybrids to be wooden coasters.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
None of them are hybrids...? Unless you also (don't) count hybrid supports, but that still leaves Lightning Rod, Switchback, Roar o Saurus, Goliath(debatable), Gold Striker, Outlaw Run, and Flying Turns.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Swoosh

Mega Poster
The place where I've never counted hybrids to be wooden coasters.

Please stop. You're making yourself look bad. They're all wooden coasters. I did not list any RMC steel "wooden" coasters

Lofty

CF Legend
You can see through the support structure at the bottom which to me rules out a drop mechanism. Safe to say that it's going to be a SFX type experience?

TLARides

Hyper Poster
None of them are hybrids...? Unless you also (don't) count hybrid supports, but that still leaves Lightning Rod, Switchback, Roar o Saurus, Goliath(debatable), Gold Striker, Outlaw Run, and Flying Turns.

I mean like, steel track.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The shed thing does slightly worry me...but not to the extent it's keeping me awake at night.

Kings Island has what, 12? 14 coasters? And the most gimmicky one is the Vekoma Flyer. I guess Backlot could also class as one. Anyway, the vast majority of them are "serious" coasters. The nice, straight down the line, pleasant sort that you'd take home to meet your mother. Suppose there is something gimmicky in the ****ing shed, it might cheapen the line up.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Considering Mystic Timbers is already subject to much debate in its selection, standing in the shadow of Beast.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
The shed thing does slightly worry me...but not to the extent it's keeping me awake at night.

Kings Island has what, 12? 14 coasters? And the most gimmicky one is the Vekoma Flyer. I guess Backlot could also class as one. Anyway, the vast majority of them are "serious" coasters. The nice, straight down the line, pleasant sort that you'd take home to meet your mother. Suppose there is something gimmicky in the :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing shed, it might cheapen the line up.
At the announcement night, people were already comparing it unfavorably to Adventure Express.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
At the announcement night, people were already comparing it unfavorably to Adventure Express.

Let me get this straight - people in Cincinnati were complaining about something!? :p

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Considering Mystic Timbers is already subject to much debate in its selection, standing in the shadow of Beast.
WARNING! Post contains predictable "Beast at Night" comment.

Controversial here, but I don't think Beast is all that. Yes, I appreciate the engineering, the noise it makes, it's length and Beast at Night is a great experience (probably one of my top 5 ride experiences), but it's not the most thrilling of rides. I'd even go as far as saying it leans very slightly on the dull side. I have a feeling that Mystic Timbers might actually be a more rounded, fun experience compared to a Beast. Even at night.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^Yeah, I never got the whole Beast craze. Straight sections and slightly banked turns in the woods doesn't really appeal to me. Night might have a more 'out of control' feel, but it's still just straight sections and slightly banked turns.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster

My cousin said the same thing! This will be WAY better than Adventure Express, even though that's one of the better mine trains.