What's new

Kings Island | Banshee | B&M Invert

Lofty

CF Legend
I can guarantee somebody will say it and when they do, they're condemned into the darkest recesses of the netherworld.

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ No.

I'm looking forward to actually seeing this thing in the summer, without snow around it! Will look so different.

Lofty

CF Legend
It's the same case with this site and construction topics:

Discuss plans and say about which hill will have airtime or which inversion will be FAB.
**** over mud photos.
Complain about the colour scheme's difference to concept.
**** that it's vertical construction has started.
Say how excited you are to see it completed.
**** when more elements are constructed.
Debate when testing begins.
Complain it's too slow.
Ride it.
Complain it's force less or have a **** over it.

Done.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I wouldn't be surprised to see testing start as early as this afternoon to be honest. It's going to get up in the sixties there (yes, I have Mason set as a location on my Accuweather app) so if they can run it once they really should, assuming no pull-through work needs done.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Testing has begun.

From Kings Island's twitter feed:

BiyG746CMAAJ9e1.jpg

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Another testing photo from Greg Scheid, Kings Island's GM.

BiyOhSLCcAE3758.jpg

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
We only have photos from Kings Islands execs at this point.

Jarrett

Okay, the wide trains on the track are gorgeous! Can't wait to see it for myself in a few weeks!

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
It enters the loop pretty fast, and I was worried it would suffer with the B&M big train lag, and it does... Not violently laggy like their wing coasters, but still has that sort of start-stop motion..

But, it's such a stunning looking ride and it'll probably still ride really well!

therick311

Mega Poster
^ Don't forget, it's probably still running on soft wheels. There's a good chance it's running slower than it will once open.

Jarrett

My goodness it sounds like Kumba! <3

It books it through that loop for soft wheels, put the hard wheels on and it'll fly!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Yes.

At this point, the critical thing for Kings Island to do is make sure the train can make it through the layout at below-normal speeds. Hence the beginning of testing with "soft" wheels, which provide greater rolling-resistance that causes the train to travel slower.

Gradually, Kings Island will phase in "hard" wheels, which are made from the normal operation material, and the roller coaster will travel at its intended speed.

We don't want a repeat of this, which is why we slow test:

Image_IMGP0035.JPG