What's new

Kings Island | Banshee | B&M Invert

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
I have never notice trims when watching POV's. I am at work so I had the video muted, but you can usually hear the click-click-click of the trims more so then visually seeing a slow down of what...5 mph at most? Either way that video looks like it was shot on a cell phone from 2005, so my guess is the audio isn't great either.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Lofty said:
^ You can tell from that one video?
That is to say that I could not discernibly hear a trim brake on the video, that certain "ssssss clap!" sound.

Darren B

Giga Poster
Even from such a **** video it looks brilliant. The drop, the pacing and the forces. It looks FIT!

June can't come soon enough for me. Forget Boulder Dash, Millennium Force, TTD, Kingda Ka etc. THIS is probably the most anticipated ride for me this summer. And I don't think it'll disappoint.

bmac

Giga Poster
You can also usually hear the brakes pressurize if the trims are working, even if it's a crappy video.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ That's my point, you really can't say that just by a video framing the seat in front if the trims are turned on or not.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I totes magotes (yeah, I went there) can't wait to ride it on Thursday! The drop seems to have some snap to it, as does the top of the dive loop and the spiral. The bottom of the drop and batwing should provide good forces, and I really can't wait to try out the new B&M in-line twist.

45 hours and I'm on this thing! :D

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
rollermonkey said:
Magnetic trims would be silent...

I'm just sayin'.
Hmmm, that's true. I guess I was assuming the trims would be friction, so that they could be deactivated on colder days when the roller coaster would be running slower and not in need of trims. (At least as I've experienced trims on other rides)

I guess we shall see. The only question is when will I be able to make it down to Kings Island - at this point it might have to be a random week night trip down.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I'm surprised that the video was up that long before being removed. The girl should have known better then to do that and will likely be fired for it.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Hmm, I'm not sure about that Jerry. Leaks have happened hundreds of times on rides, I don't think she'd get fired. Maybe a telling off, but defo not fired if she hasn't signed a nondisclosure contract because then it would be unfair dismissal and whole heaps of trouble to follow.

bmac

Giga Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
Hmm, I'm not sure about that Jerry. Leaks have happened hundreds of times on rides, I don't think she'd get fired. Maybe a telling off, but defo not fired if she hasn't signed a nondisclosure contract because then it would be unfair dismissal and whole heaps of trouble to follow.

Employees working for amusement parks are required to sign an NDA before showing up for training and follow all park policies both as an employee and as a guest. She's violated 2 of those 3 just by filming that video.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Yup. Those are two of about a dozen things that you sign on the very first day of training.

She can be fired, the question is if this was a planted PR stunt in the hopes that it would go viral / drum up interest.

bmac

Giga Poster
rollermonkey said:
Yup. Those are two of about a dozen things that you sign on the very first day of training.

She can be fired, the question is if this was a planted PR stunt in the hopes that it would go viral / drum up interest.

Judging by the quality of the vid before it got removed I'd hasten a guess at no, but it definitely did drum up interest.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Because people on this site have NEVER filmed on a ride without permission. :roll:

Either way I would imagine it would be fairly hard to identify the culprit unless he/she showed themselves in the video (I watched about half of it so I guess she could have been THAT stupid, she was dumb enough to take the risk in the first place).

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ The author of the video seemingly had synced her Youtube account with her Google+ account, which shows the poster's first and last name. Wouldn't be difficult to run a reference across the employee database.

However, here is the first official onride photo. Don Helbig, the park's PR manager, is seated on the far right of the photo.

Notice the clear view to the back rows of the train - this should really be a more open experience than previous B&M Inverts.

BlN1p2fCcAAZMhQ.jpg:large

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
^Right and then they pull my all time favorite, the Shaggy Defense, and say 'It wasn't me', 'someone hacked my account/stole my phone/ its my evil twin'. I agree, they are stupid for doing this and according to most theme park companies policies they should be let go, but in my experience when stuff like this happens its much harder to term unless they are in the shot somehow.

Either way, why the hell did they choose that color yellow for the restraints? Im not much of a fashion police type but those things look hideous.