What's new

Kings Island | Orion | B&M Giga Coaster

tomahawk

Strata Poster
That’s rather small though and to be fair, the other companies listed before B&M are pretty crucial compenents to build something like, I don’t know, a coaster in terms of electrical things, pouring footers, building the station, etc. Also this document was submitted on August 7th. Not saying that you’re 100% wrong because you kinda got me at the DBack trains thing, but it just seems a little too underwhelming for something like this. KI is one of the CF parks that has been getting a new coaster every 3 years or has at least gotten something good every year whether it’s the antique cars or a new restaurant. As of late, a lot of people haven’t really been considering KI an elite park because they don’t have that star attraction that everyone talks about. Take CP and SFMM for example, they have multiple ones. Plus look at KD. It seems that ever since they got TT, they are now what a lot of people consider to be one of the best amusement parks in the US. A B&M giga that takes a big step from Fury (like what happened with Leviathan to Fury) is what this park needs. They need that top 20 steel coaster
Even if it is a B&M in 2020, I'm not expecting a giga.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Just got back from Kings Island!

We know exactly where this is going now per several sources, it will be replacing four completely to mostly disused things on the Coney Mall midway. Construction hasn't started yet but it's rumored to in the next week or two during the two buyout weekends. Wouldn't be surprised to see construction walls up back there when I return during Haunt. Maybe time to move this to Other Ride Construction?

2QBS06r.jpg

Overview of the general area where it's going. It will stretch from the small bold yellow building with the gable roof to the bathroom next to Windseeker basically, with rumor suggesting it might take out a chunk of midway in the process.

Di1u2Bt.jpg

This photo op has been up by the theater adjacent to Eiffel Tower to promote the new antique cars.

YOQdz6P.jpg

It's not the best made. :p

IJlMMAd.jpg

Basically you get in this little box and take the picture to share on social media.

Df01L1G.jpg

Let's motor on over to the construction site!

GS26Q4F.jpg

This will look very different next year.

338AiEl.jpg

Antique cars will be replacing four things, this being the first in line, this drink stand hasn't been used for three years.

8XTJGKO.jpg

Next down the midway is Flight Commander's queue, which is still used as the queue to Killmart during Haunt. If anything is repurposed it'll be this, and even then I doubt it.

ibFiWSN.jpg

Adjacent to that is the old Flight Commander plot, in the form of a large concrete pad. I was actually hoping this could be used as a new home for a Gerstlauer Sky Roller called Flight Commander but oh well, better than having it sit inactive for this long. It's had various uses over the years at least.

mgEl2Nh.jpg

If you weren't familiar with it, this was Flight Commander, saw this in Coney BBQ grabbing a drink plan charge.

m5fZwtH.jpg

And moving one spot down, we have the old Dinosaurs Alive plaza, now a smoking area with the fossil print still visible in the concrete.

GNqmUnl.jpg

Nothing behind the fence yet, though.

nx1Ek56.jpg

Panorama of all four things, all visible to some degree.

3cAco0q.jpg

What I think will be the best feature of the site is easily the interaction with Racer, you'll get some great views of it while you drive around what sounds to be a beautifully landscaped circuit.

YOSJbHF.jpg

This was the only other spot I saw the new ride promoted, this is on the wall by the handstamp lane of the turnstile building.

Fssnr1y.jpg

Well, that's that for the summer! By the next time I get back to Kings Island there should be all kinds of Halloween decorations put up, creepy music playing around the park, and if I'm hearing correctly, construction fences blocking off this section of midway!

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Just got back from Kings Island!

We know exactly where this is going now per several sources, it will be replacing four completely to mostly disused things on the Coney Mall midway. Construction hasn't started yet but it's rumored to in the next week or two during the two buyout weekends. Wouldn't be surprised to see construction walls up back there when I return during Haunt. Maybe time to move this to Other Ride Construction?

2QBS06r.jpg

Overview of the general area where it's going. It will stretch from the small bold yellow building with the gable roof to the bathroom next to Windseeker basically, with rumor suggesting it might take out a chunk of midway in the process.

Di1u2Bt.jpg

This photo op has been up by the theater adjacent to Eiffel Tower to promote the new antique cars.

YOQdz6P.jpg

It's not the best made.

IJlMMAd.jpg

Basically you get in this little box and take the picture to share on social media.

Df01L1G.jpg

Let's motor on over to the construction site!

GS26Q4F.jpg

This will look very different next year.

338AiEl.jpg

Antique cars will be replacing four things, this being the first in line, this drink stand hasn't been used for three years.

8XTJGKO.jpg

Next down the midway is Flight Commander's queue, which is still used as the queue to Killmart during Haunt. If anything is repurposed it'll be this, and even then I doubt it.

ibFiWSN.jpg

Adjacent to that is the old Flight Commander plot, in the form of a large concrete pad. I was actually hoping this could be used as a new home for a Gerstlauer Sky Roller called Flight Commander but oh well, better than having it sit inactive for this long. It's had various uses over the years at least.

mgEl2Nh.jpg

If you weren't familiar with it, this was Flight Commander, saw this in Coney BBQ grabbing a drink plan charge.

m5fZwtH.jpg

And moving one spot down, we have the old Dinosaurs Alive plaza, now a smoking area with the fossil print still visible in the concrete.

GNqmUnl.jpg

Nothing behind the fence yet, though.

nx1Ek56.jpg

Panorama of all four things, all visible to some degree.

3cAco0q.jpg

What I think will be the best feature of the site is easily the interaction with Racer, you'll get some great views of it while you drive around what sounds to be a beautifully landscaped circuit.

YOSJbHF.jpg

This was the only other spot I saw the new ride promoted, this is on the wall by the handstamp lane of the turnstile building.

Fssnr1y.jpg

Well, that's that for the summer! By the next time I get back to Kings Island there should be all kinds of Halloween decorations put up, creepy music playing around the park, and if I'm hearing correctly, construction fences blocking off this section of midway!
I think the old Flight Commander plot would be a great spot for a Sky Roller of the same name but eh, people don't remember Flight Commander I guess. They only wanted those Antique Cars.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Snoo

The Legend
Interesting. I will note that midway down to Windseeker did become quite bottlenecked when I went a few weeks back. Albeit, no one goes back there because it's Windseeker and Vortex, but still.

Also.. I'm not a fan of the location still to this day. I've always felt Antique Cars should be more in the middle of the park instead of along the fringe like this. Just feels.. better? Dunno.. might be just me.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Interesting. I will note that midway down to Windseeker did become quite bottlenecked when I went a few weeks back. Albeit, no one goes back there because it's Windseeker and Vortex, but still.

Also.. I'm not a fan of the location still to this day. I've always felt Antique Cars should be more in the middle of the park instead of along the fringe like this. Just feels.. better? Dunno.. might be just me.
I guess it's the feeling of nostalgia from when the cars used to be where Backlot is now.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk