What's new

Kings Island | Orion | B&M Giga Coaster

llCoasterN3rdll

Roller Poster
^Whoops, I meant to write giga not wing. Corrected. I think they could get a giga in 2020. But a wing is also likely, a dive potentially.
The only problem with the dive thing is that CF just gave CW one and CP isn’t that far away from KI. The only problem with the wing coaster claim is the Asia part. I don’t think KI pays any attention to what Asian parks get unless it’s something like RMC WC or a giga. Since Busch Gardens is rumored to get a giga, I think that CF might try to counter that with a B&M giga coaster at KI. Plus KI is considered to be one of the parks CF likes to invest in the most and it’s really the only big one left that doesn’t have a giga.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
My thoughts on this:

There’s a lot of space to the left of Racer where they could easily work something into X-base. Flight of Fear’s building had a disused photo kiosk at the end of it that they could easily knock down to open up access to this space. Put a new midway back there with the queue and station for a giga and they could easily just run the lift over Flight of Fear and go to town back in all that space behind Banshee and Firehawk.

Snoo

The Legend

Interesting to see B&M listed as a vendor, though I do not think that is directly linked to this announcement. In my dreams, I would love to see an RMC reinvention of Son of Beast, but overall probably expect some general TLC to Coney Mall. Please, just don't overhype this Kings Island.

Bit late for that train aren't we? I see the hype everywhere now.

llCoasterN3rdll

Roller Poster
If they do what they did when they were building SV then I’m gonna rip my hair out lol. I don’t think I can take that amount of anticipation again

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
The only people who hyped anything were idiot enthusiasts who kept reading too deep into teasers despite virtually no significant clearing at the park, apart from the new dorms.

Matt N

CF Legend
There's a reason why it was annnounced today.

14 years ago on this very day, Les Taxis, the original antique cars ride, closed forever to make way for the Backlot Stunt Coaster. In memorial to the lost ride, they announced the new cars on the day the original cars closed.
Awww; what a nice little nod to the park's history!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
But the sheer optics of the matter, announcing a not roller coaster on national roller coaster day, especially after the big pushes of nostalgic Racer photos, Son of Beast and Station #5 references, roses laid at the Son of Beast grave. Kings Island, get your marketing **** together.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
But the sheer optics of the matter, announcing a not roller coaster on national roller coaster day, especially after the big pushes of nostalgic Racer photos, Son of Beast and Station #5 references, roses laid at the Son of Beast grave. Kings Island, get your marketing :emoji_poop: together.
Unless there's one more announcement later on.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

streetmagix

Mega Poster
But the sheer optics of the matter, announcing a not roller coaster on national roller coaster day, especially after the big pushes of nostalgic Racer photos, Son of Beast and Station #5 references, roses laid at the Son of Beast grave. Kings Island, get your marketing :emoji_poop: together.

I think their marketing department did wonders. If they had just announced the classic car ride on a normal Thursday with no fanfare would any actually care? They played us perfectly. Good job.