What's new

Kings Island | Orion | B&M Giga Coaster

bob_3_

Giga Poster
But ask yourself this question. Would you rather have this stay or get a B&M giga?

Just wondered is there any evidence of a B&M Giga happening, like any concrete stuff?

For that matter, is there ANY concrete tangible evidence for any kind of replacement at this point. Feel like there's alot of clickbait videos and topics floating around social media full of wishful thinking. finding it harder to find actual stuff from the park atm.

Judging from the line-up a giga would kinda fit (the hyper-giga double punch cedarfair love) but I'm kinda sick of everyone going to either a giga or RMC as the immediate wish. A double launch could work (Mack/intamin) or maybe replace firehawk with a B&M flyer, they're abit niche and rare atm.

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
I haven't been to Kings Island is a very long time but from what I can remember I would rather see Vortex go than The Beast.

#KingsIslandgigahypetrain2020

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Just wondered is there any evidence of a B&M Giga happening, like any concrete stuff?

For that matter, is there ANY concrete tangible evidence for any kind of replacement at this point. Feel like there's alot of clickbait videos and topics floating around social media full of wishful thinking. finding it harder to find actual stuff from the park atm.

Judging from the line-up a giga would kinda fit (the hyper-giga double punch cedarfair love) but I'm kinda sick of everyone going to either a giga or RMC as the immediate wish. A double launch could work (Mack/intamin) or maybe replace firehawk with a B&M flyer, they're abit niche and rare atm.
In a word: No.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
I'm liking the station on the antique cars, but I was hoping for a garage aesthetic like the similar ride at Dollywood.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

jay37415

Mega Poster

Before Firehawks demise was announced, a building permit for construction during 2019/2020 was leaked showing B&M as the builder. Other than that we know nothing. Seems like Dive Coasters seem to be the new thing for Cedar Fair Parks so im guessing some sort of diver.

Snoo

The Legend
I haven't been to Kings Island is a very long time but from what I can remember I would rather see Vortex go than The Beast.

#KingsIslandgigahypetrain2020

giphy.gif

DelPiero

Strata Poster
While Vortex was fun, I wouldn't want to re-ride it when I'm back in the area. Whereas I would definitely ride the Beast at night again.
At least KI are getting rid of crap, got to applaud them for that.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
That right there...I had a love hate relationship with Firehawk's loop. It was the most intense part of the ride...it's also the only element that's stolen a loose article from me. I lost my wallet on the first day of the 2010 US Live - apparently my back pocket wasn't as secure as I thought. Luckily we were staying late that night to ride The Beast so I was able to grab it from lost and found afterwards...but still...good riddance.