What's new

Kings Dominion Windseeker + Dinosaurs Alive

D1993

Hyper Poster
It seems that in all the excitement of the six flags additions, Kings Dominion chose a bad time to announce their new rides. Anyways, next year KD will be getting a windseeker, which will go into the hurler section of the park. This is a really great addition and I fully support it. Its a good addition to the park and is a good way to draw more people to that section of the park.

Heres the link to the official page.
http://www.kingsdominion.com/rides-attr ... rill-Rides

HOWEVER .....

after hearing theres another stupid dino thingy going in, I just groaned painfully.
Im really not liking the addition of this dinosaur nonsense. I know this is just my opinion, but I really think they are completely tacky and lame and do not fit with any of the parks theme or atmosphere. They are completely out of place and stupid and I really wish Cedar Fair never got the idea.
Im not looking the increasingly cookie cutter decisions coming from Cedar Fair, too. I can handle it when the ride/final product will be awesome ie i dont care about the new six flags rides having similar trademark names and themes because the rides themselves are gonna be great. But when there is alot of copying happening with products that are crap I think its just incredibly tacky. It looks like Cedar Fair want every single one of their parks to have a Windseeker and Dinosaurs Alive.
I dont mind the windseeker thing.
I HATE the stupid dinosaurs.

marc

CF Legend
Has anyone actually been on these things? Are they any good?

As for the rest why just why are people really interested in seeing Dinos that don't actually look any good and will look even worse in a few years when they are not looked after.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Are Cedar fair trying to make all their parks similar?

"I know, lets go on wind seeker-you don't see them very often..."

D1993

Hyper Poster
Still irritated about this. Bloody dinosaurs. Really?

thank god Kings Island isnt getting 'dinosaurs alive, the expansion!'
If that happened I would probably bang my head against the wall repeatedly.
I think if CF are making any cookie-cutter decisions, it should be to enhance all their water parks, because alot of them are lacking.

Ben

CF Legend
Kings Dominion would be improved by alive dinosaurs to eat the troglodytes that are the clientele there.

Lofty

CF Legend
I've only rode one Star Flyer. Not a Windseeker. But I have to admit. It bored the **** out of me. Yes, it's good to see the views, but after 30 seconds, it's SO dull.

D1993

Hyper Poster
^ totally. I just imagine them as massive chairswing rides. Essentially that is what they are, although definetly more exciting cos its so high up. I dont mind the windseekers.
But good lord, these dam dinos need to get the hell out of all cedar fair parks. If they put the dam dinos anywhere near where I can remotely sense their presence im gonna be freaking annoyed.