What's new

Kingda Ka holds new record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
I'm usually on top of these things so I apologize for not posting sooner. Although originally it was not suppose to happen because of Nurburgring's "ring racer"....Kingda Ka has managed to maintain tallest and fastest coaster status due to the fact that ring racer even to this day has failed to reach full speed! Because of this on June 12th, 2010 Kingda Ka has officially surpassed the reign of every other previous tallest and fastest roller coaster dating all the way back to the first hyper-coaster Magnum XL-200 when height and speed became the important factors. The previous longest reigning tallest and fastest coaster was in fact Magnum XL-200 whom held it for 5 years 22 days. Kingda Ka reached 5 years 23 days as reigning tallest and fastest roller coaster on 06/12/10. It is now the new marker for longest reigning tallest and fastest roller coasters and proves that SFI management at the time (Premier parks lead by CEO Kierian Burke) picked the perfect time to pounce and build KK.

Though KK will lose its fastest coaster title soon as long as the Ferrari world park opens as planned on 10/28/10 where they are boasting to open "Formula Rossa" which they say will reach a top speed of 149 mph! However, KK will still continue to hold on to the tallest coaster record. Congrats Ka and may you remain the tallest for quite some more time ;). Below I have spent the time to work out for you all the longest tallest and fastest coaster reigns in order since Magnum....KK's reign is assuming Ferrari world opens on time and that Nurburgring doesn't get ring racer to full speed prior to then. Keep in mind that there were instances where the tallest coaster and the fastest coaster were two different coasters and that is why you see gaps if you try to connect the timeline....in fact I'll even put a list below this one of those instances where the records were split for your interest ;)

Longest reigns of tallest and fastest roller coasters:

1. Kingda Ka ----------- Six Flags Great Adventure - 456' 128 mph - 05/21/05 - 5 years 5 months 07 days
2. Magnum XL 200 ------- Cedar Point --------------- 205' 072 mph - 05/06/89 - 5 years 0 months 22 days
3. Fujiyama ------------ Fuji Q Highland ----------- 259' 081 mph -
07/??/96 - 3 years 7 months 00 days*
4. Top Thrill Dragster - Cedar Point --------------- 420' 120 mph -
05/04/03 - 2 years 0 months 17 days
5. Steel Dragon 2000 --- Nagashima Spa Land --------
318' 095 mph - 07/30/00 - 1 years 4 months 21 days
6. Pepsi Max Big One --- Blackpool Pleasure Beach --
213' 074 mph - 05/28/94 - 0 years 4 months 00 days*
7. Millenium Force ----- Cedar Point --------------- 310' 093 mph -
05/13/00 - 0 years 2 months 19 days

source-http://www.gadv.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17919&pid=419052&st=0&#entry419052

This ride most be dethroned. :lol:

Snoo

The Legend
Common knowledge here. KK will be the record holder until the other rides open. There ya go. :lock:

Status
Not open for further replies.