What's new

Kentucky Kingdom 6-11-17

MarkBaileyJr

Roller Poster
Today's trip to KK was overall a big success! Arrived at the park at 10:30, expecting to be early for the 11am opening time, but to our surprise the park was already open. We immediately headed to Storm Chaser. Decent operations for this ride, considering the low queue lines on the coasters (most everyone was at the water park, super hot day). Headed to Thunder Run, also walk on, and good operations for only having 1 train. Then went to Lightning Run with a slightly longer line and slow operations. After that we hit the 5D theatre, a few flat rides, the Eye of the Storm, and the tall swings ride. Finished out the day with 4 more rides on Storm Chaser, all walk on (for a Sunday, that seemed awesome!). After 7 rides on Storm Chaser, my friend and I were done for the day, so we did the whole park in only 3.5 hours. The workers all were mostly happy and polite, only a few grumps. But for Kentucky Kingdom I'd say it was a good day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Great! Sounds like a productive visit given the small number of hours.

I've heard a few people mention little to no queues for Storm Chaser. If our experience last summer is anything to go by then the staff seem to enjoy running the coaster, and therefore seem to be efficient at it. All good news!