What's new

Kentucky Kingdom’s next coaster for the 2022 season

What type of coaster do you guys think that Kentucky Kingdom will get?

• Mack Extreme Spinning Coaster

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Intamin Blitz Coaster

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • B&M Batman clone from Kuwait Entertainment City

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • GCI Wooden Coaster

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Dynamics Attractions Duel Power Coaster, Mad Ramp Peak clone

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Something else.

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters

MemeWorldOfficials

Roller Poster
Since Herschend bought Kentucky Kingdom, the RMC Raptor project has been terminated for the 2021 season. Their new coaster plans will be delayed until the 2022 season.

Matt N

CF Legend
If Kentucky Kingdom builds anything in 2022, I’d personally bank on the Raptor that we've seen plans for. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if that project was just delayed as opposed to out-and-out cancelled.

I’m not saying that any of the options you’ve talked about are out of the question by any means, though; some of them might well be on their way in the future, for all we know. I just personally think that the RMC Raptor seems more likely at this point in time.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I’m not saying that any of the options you’ve talked about are out of the question by any means, though; I just personally think that the RMC Raptor seems more likely at this point in time.
I am.

Mack Extreme Spinning Coaster - possibly the most plausible of the lot, and this is still pretty laughable.
Intamin Blitz Coaster - Haha.
B&M Batman clone from Kuwait Entertainment City - Oh god my sides. XD
GCI Wooden Coaster - Not likely given the recent woodie.
Dynamics Attractions Duel Power Coaster, Mad Ramp Peak clone - Lol wut?!

It seems most likely to me that they'll have postponed, rather than completely canned, the Raptor. It'd be the best fit for them, anyway.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I've lost track of the whole story here.

I seem to remember last year some document was leaked about a possible roller coaster for 2021. But then the park turned it into a joke about T4? Or was the whole document a joke from the park? And I've lost track of the whole 'Where's the Raptor going?' saga too.

So what's the story, and where are we now? Were the park planning a coaster for 2021 but Covid happened? Has the Herschend takeover changed anything? Should we be expecting something for 2022?

(Normally I only keep a fleeting eye on American parks and am not fussed about losing track of the latest rumours, but since I'm planning on finally going out to America, including Kentucky Kingdom, next year, I have a a vested interest all of a sudden...)

adrenaline1996

Mega Poster
Kind of a controversial opinion, but I don't think inverted coasters are that exciting to be honest (mind you, I haven’t been on many, Nemesis is awesome though and is far better than Nemesis Inferno).

I'd rather parks to go for newer designs such as the RMC Raptor or S&S Axis.

Last edited:
I voted for the Mack Extreme Spinning Coaster, because I think Hershand will want to create a coaster that will be a standout signature investment for the theme park, as a way of stamping their creative genius into the redevelopment of the park into becoming a 365-day amazingly beautifully themed park.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Knowing what they're like on social I'd put money on this just being them trolling, or teasing a new event or something. See ms a little soon to have everything sorted for a new coaster giving they've just been taken over by Herschend?

toofpikk

Mega Poster
this entire thread is just giving me

ec7be65fb275fbafb092b3bc3abba964.gif
energy

jay37415

Mega Poster
Knowing what they're like on social I'd put money on this just being them trolling, or teasing a new event or something. See ms a little soon to have everything sorted for a new coaster giving they've just been taken over by Herschend?

KK was not trolling with the height wavers. Actually the height wavers that KK posted with were actually showing on the FAA website. The project name was listed as "Raptor." KK then trolled the waivers by Photoshopping over Raptor with T4. Somewhere along the way, those FCC height wavers were removed form the FAA website. I've heard rumors that Hershend wont work with RMC anymore so it would be hard to see a Raptor go to KK.

As for the topic, the announcement of the Hershend taking over operations seemed to indicate that they are going to focus more on family attractions first. So a more realistic option for a next coaster would be a Vekoma Suspended family Coaster or a Gerstlauer Multi Lauch family Coaster.

adrenaline1996

Mega Poster
I've heard rumors that Hershend wont work with RMC anymore so it would be hard to see a Raptor go to KK.

As for the topic, the announcement of the Hershend taking over operations seemed to indicate that they are going to focus more on family attractions first. So a more realistic option for a next coaster would be a Vekoma Suspended family Coaster or a Gerstlauer Multi Lauch family Coaster.

These were the two things that worried me about the Herschend Majority takeover. :/

MemeWorldOfficials

Roller Poster
I’ve found out that rides can’t be over 180 feet tall because Skycoaster was the tallest attraction at Kentucky Kingdom stood at the maximum height of 180 feet. So I am wondering about that what IF Kentucky Kingdom would finally get a hyper coaster standing at the maximum height of 180 ft with at least 200 ft drop.

What ride manufacture do you think will design and build Kentucky Kingdom’s hyper coaster? Do you think this hyper coaster will include inversions or not?

HINT: Hyper coasters doesn’t have to reach to 200 ft height mark due to height restrictions that the park located near the Louisville International Airport.

My opinion: I would definitely think that Kentucky Kingdom will get a B&M Hyper with a few inversions, but it is not the first hyper coaster to feature an inversion. It will be the first B&M Hyper to feature an inversion (Dive Loop, Zero-G Stall and Demonic Knot) and it will be named, Gunpowder.

Last edited:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I’ve found out that rides can’t be over 180 feet tall because Skycoaster was the tallest attraction at Kentucky Kingdom stood at the maximum height of 180 feet. So I am wondering about that what IF Kentucky Kingdom would finally get a hyper coaster standing at the maximum height of 180 ft with at least 200 ft drop.

What ride manufacture do you think will design and build Kentucky Kingdom’s hyper coaster? Do you think this hyper coaster will include inversions or not?

HINT: Hyper coasters doesn’t have to reach to 200 ft height mark due to height restrictions that the park located near the Louisville International Airport.
I'm feeling generous, so I merged your new thread with your existing Kentucky Kingdom thread instead of just banning you. For now.

Please sit down and consider what type of threads are appropriate to post here, taking into consideration the feedback you have received on the previous ones and the type of threads we have accepted from other members (hint: no threads made purely for speculation).

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster

My opinion: I would definitely think that Kentucky Kingdom will get a B&M Hyper with a few inversions, but it is not the first hyper coaster to feature an inversion. It will be the first B&M Hyper to feature an inversion (Dive Loop, Zero-G Stall and Demonic Knot) and it will be named, Gunpowder.
1616082422484.jpeg