What's new

Kent, England | The London Resort | Entertainment Complex

Howie

Donkey in a hat
So, we're 4 years into this project, and already 6 years behind schedule. How is that even possible?

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Really looking forward to that Sherlock attraction opening a mere 8 years after the series ended.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Luckily, my plane tickets can be changed without too much expense, and the hotel room can be cancelled. Just a minor blip.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Small update:
- Deal signed for a ferry-based transport service down the Thames

The article said:
London Resort Company Holdings, the developers behind the planned £3.2bn theme park, has reached a memorandum of understanding with MBNA Thames Clippers, which last week successfully trialled a service from Gravesend into the capital.

Didn't this term come up in a thread the other day? Basically, a memorandum of understanding is the legal form of saying "Sure, some day. Eventually. Maybe.". Not legally binding for either part, but it involves just enough signing of documents and handshakes to excuse a press release. In plain text, the "deal" would probably sound something like this:

"If the theme park ever gets off the ground, we should meet again to discuss how we could provide ferry services, maybe."

This is not really a step closer to anything. Just an excuse to show off that somebody, somewhere, still intend to keep the project going.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
Does this mean it's a theme park themed to the city/area it's in? That's never backfired before.

*slow turn to camera*

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'd love to live my life with as much optimism as these people have.

Project is already six years delayed, but they've actually picked a specific date for their opening party...

Lofty

CF Legend
ThriftyPertinentFlea-small.gif