What's new

Joris en Draak: Great or okay

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Like Wodan, Joris en Draak is a GCI that i am going to ride this summer that i know very little about. If someone could tell what the ride is like than i would love it because it looks small but it could pack a punch. Also if possible compare to ther GCI's maybe even Wodan if you've ridden both.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Not as good as Troy =] Simple as, but the dueling element is fun. I really need to ride both on hot days than wet & cold days!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Moved to Coaster Polls & Opinions. Oh, I haven't ridden it so... ;)

peep

CF Legend
It's definitely a fun duelling coaster, it has some great moments where the two tracks interact with each other and the giant dragon is pretty epic. The banners and sounds when you enter the station when you've won is really cool too, probably my fav thing about it.

andrus

Giga Poster
Peep is right, the theming is the best thing about it! It is a good ride though, albeit a bit short. Just don't expect anything mindblowing or intense like Troy, Joris is more of a family attraction.

bergochdalbana

Mega Poster
As the above posters says, it's a family ride and don't pack as good of a punch as it's larger cousins (even though El Toro is pretty epic even though it's comparable to Joris). The tamer ride can also have something with the lower height restriction that Joris have compared to other GCI's.
It's still a good fun ride, even though much of it have to do with the fact that it's a duelling coaster.

Water is better than Fire though.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I rode it a month ago and I found it really smooth, very rerideable and a lot of fun. Not as intense as Troy but when it comes to a dueling coaster, the excitement comes from the racing aspect, doesn't it? Joris en der Draak does that perfectly well. I loved the cross-over elements (I counted like 3 in a row) and the little touches (huge dragon) the props at the station to announce winner...

I'd say it's a great ride!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
S'alright I s'pose.

Not much else to say on the matter.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Like Wodan, Joris en Draak is a GCI that i am going to ride this summer that i know very little about. If someone could tell what the ride is like than i would love it because it looks small but it could pack a punch.

Why dont you wait until you ride to find out for yourself?