What's new

Joris en de Draak - Dueling GCI for Efteling

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
At least this ride has gone vertical, unlike Kennywood's Skyrocket. I'd be surprised if this doesn't get finished before Skyrocket.

A

Anonymous

Pretty recent overview photo of the area...

48624_forum.jpg

From: http://themepark.nl/ubb/ubbthreads.php/ ... 00/19.html

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It's a good take on the out-and-back racers, glad to see this classic layout lives on!

It'd be great to see this layout take catch in the U.S.!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Is it just me, or is wooden coaster construction very boring?

With steel coasters, you get a definite sense of progress. With wooden coasters, it looks like a whole lot of nothing until the entire thing comes together at the very end!

Ollie

CF Legend
Cant wait to ride this on the Euro-Live. :)
That coaster that goes in the lake looks fun as well.

tks

Strata Poster
LOL. That ride was such an epic failure. It stalled on it's first test run through the coaster section iirc..

Martyn B

CF Legend
efteling-7-03-10-309-border.jpg

Something doesn't quite look right about that little 'lump' in the middle... Looks like it could be pretty painful...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Did you not know that when GCI first design their rides they just scribble random lines on a piece of paper like Mauer Sohne used to?

I think that'll be probably the most interesting part of the layout...

^Did you not know that when GCI first design their rides they just scribble random lines on a piece of paper like Mauer Sohne used to?

Is that true?

But, it looks great! I'm glad they're making good progress now, and I don't see why the bump would be painful. Looks fine to me! Airtime!