What's new

Joris en de Draak - Dueling GCI for Efteling

Jake

Strata Poster
I don't see why this doesn't have a thread yet (or it does, and i'm being a tard).

So... Efteling are finally scrapping the awful woodie Pegasus and are replacing it with a dueling GCI woodie coaster.

This is good, as the newer GCI coasters (by new I mean not Gwazi, Roar or Wildcat) are absolutely awsome!

It will have 2 sides, Water and Vuur (Fire). Each side will be 70ft tall and hit 43.5mph, which is significantly taller and faster than Pegasus was.

So yeah. Artwork:

p23932.jpg

Removal of Pegasus:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz60EsDvc7U[/youtube]

RCDB Link

http://www.rcdb.com/4526.htm

Ah yah I saw the topic back when it was just a rumour and I always hoped it came to fruition. It looks like it will be very well themed if they stick to the concept art, and I really hope the layout is just as good.

peep

CF Legend
Looking forward to seeing how this one develops. The artwork makes it look awesome and CGI woodies are great fun, a recipe for a great addition to Efteling.

A

Anonymous

A lot of images from the layout have been posted over at TPR, go check it out...

Clicky!!

Looks way better then Pegasus have ever been.

TarkaTrax

Mega Poster
loefet said:
Looks way better then Pegasus have ever been.

Cutting your own toes off with a blunt teaspoon is more enjoyable than riding Pegasus :p

This could be awesome, GCIs in the last few years (like Troy) have looked more impressive than the slightly older ones. Fingers crossed!

A

Anonymous

It won't have a fly through, since when you are looking at the pictures of the station in profile view, then those track's in the middle will be on the top of an airtime-hill...

It would have been awesome though :)

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
I'd like to see a couple section cuts or at least a bent profile for the ride. The plan view has me quite interested. The layout looks fantastic.

A

Anonymous

Hyyyper over at TPR have made a NL pre-creation based on the released plans, and it looks allright in my eyes...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF2FnWp9UxY&feature=player_embedded#[/youtube]

Ali

Mega Poster
It has terminator's first drop :).
And looks to have more airtime compared to the other GCI's :).

peep

CF Legend
As Ali and Uncle Arly have said, it looks like it has plenty of airtime, woop. I hope it does turn out very similar to what it's like in that video.

Emmett

Giga Poster
I reckon a trip to Efteling will be on the cards for 2010 when this opens. From looking at the plans and video this should be very impressive. Efteling has some good theming already so they should do a great job on this.

Yeahhh, GCI's with good airtime are awesome. It doesn't look as good as Evel for me, just because it doesn't have all the turns, but it still looks really good!

andrus

Giga Poster
Haven't heard anything knew on this coaster for a while so I checked rcdb and they've got som pictures from December.

p24515.jpg

p24512.jpg

Obviously the construction has begun! Some vertical construction and a lot of footers are what I can see, but then the pictures are a month old so I guess they have come quite a bit further now!