What's new

Jer goes back to Penn, A Dorney TR

Jer

Strata Poster
Today was my second trip to Dorney, Getting there was pretty easy, getting home was a bitch but I'm not getting into detail.

We got there around 11, since there was a small bit of traffic due to a truck fire on highway 78, pretty gruesome, the truck didn't exist anymore, but there was half the trailer left. they closed down nearly 5 miles of the highway on either side. But I digress, as usual the actual park was empty, it was hot so most people were in the water park.

I already had the circuit of the park planned out since my last visit so we started with thunderhawk, I like thunderhawk, it's a fun classic woodie, we rode front row to prevent any possible pain or battle scars. We then headed for Steel Force, since it was my friends first ride and he was nervous we rode near the front first, but right after that we headed for the back.

After Steel force we were supposed to ride Possessed, but it was down, shocking for an Intamin right? So instead we decided to hit up Hydra, My friend he's not much of a fan of coasters as I am. Now I think Hydra is at least a fun ride, it's force less and possibly my least favorite B&M, but he liked, so we rode front and back, I really forgot how shakey it is.

Then came my favorite, and the best in the park, Talon, again I forgot about this ride. Last I was there I only got one ride, and I barely remembered it, a lot more forceful than I remember, and a lot of fun. We did it twice front and back as usual.

Lunch was next, and holy **** are they expensive, we wanted subway, $12 ****ing dollars for a foot long sub, i thought the prices were set by subway corporate not Cedar Fair. So after we ate my friend had a great idea, lets do Steel Force back row again, I nearly smashed my head on the seats in front of us on that ride, that wasnt fun.

Then low and behold Possessed opened! my goal for today was the scare the living **** out of my friend, and what better way than Possessed. First time I rode it scared the living **** out of me, however this time it was smoother, and a lot more fun. We rode front row which was pretty meh then immediate back which was a lot better. Actually they both had their merits. The came whip pretty standard, the one last ride on Talon before we left.

Honestly Dorney is a small park and they really only have one top 20 worthy coaster, but they're all fun, it's just a fun place to be. If you're a fan of waterparks the 2 parks for one deal isn't bad either, although, again you can do better. I really dont see myself going back until either A. a CFer comes nearby and wants to go, or B. they open up a new coaster.