What's new

Izar - Download p.2 (Video coming soon)

Brookes

Giga Poster
I've been working on a new project for a bit now and thought it was time to start showing some pictures. It's an Intamin accelerator inspired by a few Intamin coasters, trackwork and terraforming is done, hope to start supporting soon.

Rita-110627112543000.jpg

Rita-110627112613001.jpg

Rita-110627112652002.jpg

Rita-110627112731003.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Unnamed Intamin Accelerator (UC)

3rd picture looks rather Cheetah Hunt inspired! :D

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
Re: Unnamed Intamin Accelerator (UC)

Looks nice. Can we see some shots of the overall layout?

Oh, and how do I get the little CF count banner in my signature that you have brookes?

Brookes

Giga Poster
Re: Izar - Intamin Accelerator (UC)

^I'm not sure if you can still get them, someone else will have to confirm that. And I don't want to give away the whole layout just yet. :wink:

Izar-110703150313000.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Looks good, but might be a little over supported. Possibly cut out a couple of supports and even the gaps out again, and it might look about good. Something just doesn't look right at the moment.

Just to answer this, and then we can leave it be:
Jcoasters said:
Oh, and how do I get the little CF count banner in my signature that you have brookes?
Basically the banners were created on the old site with a plug-in type thing we had back there. The images generated were saved by the individual users, so when we changed to the new site and the plug-in went, the ability to make the sets on our site went too. It was a bit too much hassle to program into the new site, but we're looking for a solution at the moment. In the mean time, check out some of the sig/avatar shops in the Advertisements section where someone might be able to make you something. :D

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

Maybe if you cut the size of the supports down so they don't look so beefy. I've noticed that Intamin supports aren't very thick. I usually use size 3 for vertical supports and size 2 for lattice.

Xpress

Strata Poster

I'd run the Medium size 2 tubes for those supports.

Brookes

Giga Poster

I've changed the supports to the medium size and I think they look better. I agree Hixee, at first I thought it was over supported but comparing it to Desert Race for example, the amount of supports is about the same, but now they are thinner it looks a lot better in my opinion.

Izar-110704121038000.jpg

Also, a picture of the whole layout from request:

Izar-110704121144001.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Much better with the supports. :D

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

It looks a lot more clean now, although those two supports that are starting to get tall after the first turn look like toothpicks. I would change those to a thicker diameter.

The layout looks great. It sits well in that valley and looks fun.

Brookes

Giga Poster

So I've been out of the NoLimits loop for a while (this topic is over 2 years old!), apart from a Zamperla Spinner that I made last year and a few lazy competition entries. It's unlikely that I'll make a track from scratch again on the original NoLimits, but while I've got a bit of time on my hands, I thought it'd be a good idea to finish a few rides I never got round to completing, starting with this. I've been doing some more supporting and I've nearly finished, so I expect to release this fairly soon. Here are a few screens to show some of the progress (near misses galore!):

BBH

Giga Poster

Looks great, awesome to see you getting back into NL. :)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

Awesome to see the ride coming along. I can't wait to ride it!

BBH

Giga Poster
Brilliant track. Very smooth throughout the train, though not as intense or airtime-filled as I'd thought it'd be.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Rating copied from NLE as it's easier ;)

Technical:
Track was smooth and generally pump/jerk free. I found the entrance to the Zero-G had some minor banking issues, but nothing major and this is Intamin we are talking about. Supports were functional and simple and looked good.

Adrenaline:
Lovely exciting little ride, but catered more towards families I felt. The Zero-G added a nice touch of thrill, but was not overtly 'scary'. I liked the 'trick track' section that is similar to Cheetah Hunt's at the end and the pacing was pretty spot on.

Originality:
Pretty standard stuff for an accelerator. Sort of what I hoped RITA would/could have been. I enjoyed the setting and terrain which added some points here as the elevation changes matched the terrain well.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I echo what Arly said. Very smooth, fun ride with a good pace. It wasn't anything out of control. Very well done.

9/10