Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It improved on the Flyer but still isn't that great

• No, it's just Superman with bigger inversions

• Total voters

Almost

Hyper Poster
Yes, it is the best flyer. But, people are already praising it for it's "inovation and terrain-ing" while what did it invate with? The "Zero-g rolls" feel like roll overs (which were done before) and the pretzel loop (while although huge beyond all belief) was also done before. So why are we praising this coaster so soon?

p.s. The trees won't be that close.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
Personally I don't like the way it sticks up above everything else, most of it looks way too high up, but thats only from what i've seen, the pretzel looks cool, but I wouldn't really want to pass judgement just yet, I'd need to see the finished product...

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Yes, I think it looks amazing to be honest, and I'm gutted I'm not going but I did choose Expedition Everest over Tatsu but I do think it looks amazing, and I reckon it will be the best flyer out there when it opens.

Ben

CF Legend
Like Bez, I chose EE over Tatsu to ride next year, and yes, I am kicking myself now.

To me it looks amazing, the best B&M in a long time. As much as I hate Air with a passion, I do love the flying position, and so this'll be an awesome ride IMO.

joe

Mega Poster
It looks like it will be intense, it looks to be the best Flyer. The colours and landscaping look great. I cant judge because I havent been on it, but it looks to be tone of the best B&M's.

Sam

Giga Poster
Shockwave said:
How about people just wait till they've actually been on it?

Exactly, the ride could be amazing or rubbish; no-one will know untill it has been ridden.

A

Anonymous

Would you like to know why people are prasing it when it hasnt even been built? Well, thats pretty simple. For SF standards, its original. Its a flying coaster, but its not a clone of an already built flying coaster in another park. It has a SF original theme, no other SF park has a dragon themed coaster. Finally, its in a unique place in the park that no one expected a roller coaster in, but you wouldnt know that, seeing as you havent been there. You cant say much about the layout so far, and yet you and chauncey seem to like arguing that one in the construction topic. Of course its layout isnt completely new, but it does offer some new elements for a flyer. For the THIRD time, comparing S:UF is like comparing Demon at SFGAm and Viper at SFMM. They share quite a bit in common, but they are on a totally different scale. I never heard of anyone saying Viper was just a rip off of Demon with a new element stuck in there and a bit taller, have you? You just cant really compare the two, espically when one hasnt even been built.

p.s. You havent ****ing been there, you havent seen the god damn tree coverage, so you cant say anything about that.

p.p.s. Good job antagonizing everyone that happens to feel happy that SFMM is finally gonna get a, seemingly so far, cool coaster that will be enjoyable. Go piss all over someone elses parade, leave ours alone.

A

Anonymous

I guess it also has to do with the company building it. Similiar to when Raptor and Mantis were built, they were significantly bigger and arguably better versions of previous concepts taken to the next level. That reason alone is enough to be excited about this, IMO. If this were a Vekoma flyer I'd be seriously worried, but with B&M and giant coasters, I can guarantee this will no doubt be a huge crowd pleaser with both enthusiasts and the GP. As well as a new beginning of bigger and more impressive flyers from them.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
It's going to bring in the crowds. Just that fact right there makes this a good coaster in the eyes of SF management.

But of course it's gonna be a good coaster. It's like saying Toro isn't anything special because it's a bit taller then other wooden coasters and increases the steepness of the drop by a few degrees.

But it still improves on the concept. It's unique. Fact is, like it or not, there's no other B&M flying coaster in the world with a flying corkscrew and a zero-G roll. The zeo-G roll WILL give a different feeling compared to an inline twist. The pretzel loop is a lot bigger and it just increases the scale of everything else on the ride from previous versions.

Yes, it's unique and yes, it's good.

Jake

Strata Poster
Yeah, it looks a bit "plonked" on the video's ive seen that SF made.

But obviously its not accurate, and I hope the ride won't be such a "Parking Lot" coaster!

A

Anonymous

But obviously its not accurate, and I hope the ride won't be such a "Parking Lot" coaster!

It wont be a parking lot coaster--its smack dab over the middle of the park. Which doesn't matter anyway, because a ride built over a parking lot, while horrendously cheap looking, can still provide an excellent ride.

I think some people are over exaggerating, and the some people, on the other end of the spectrum, simply cannot bring themselves around to praising anything SFMM does.

...ironically, those tend to be the people basing their opinions on "stories they have heard", and not personal expirences.

So lets just wait and see, and when your buddy Jahan here rides it, he'll tell you if they hype is all that. Ok? ;)

A

Anonymous

Az said:
Personally I don't like the way it sticks up above everything else, most of it looks way too high up, .

Lets be honest, if your going to go flying you aren't going to spend most of your time ground-hugging, your going to be going high in the air.

A

Anonymous

The fact that it is high above everything most of the layout was what appealed to me most. I think it would be exciting even if you weren't doing many inversions or anything to just soar over the trees and the mountain at high speeds. This ride looks great and I have to admit I'm mad that they decided to put it in the year after I made my Cali trip!