Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No i dont think so.

• I cant say ive ever been on one.

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

well, i know quite a lot about them too, and, frankly, i stand by my statement. the lift gears on b&m rides are in the centre of the train, between the brake fins, and right over the push tires on rides with a single, central, push tire. there's also a little "ramp" to push to lift gears up and over the tire, and when it goes over it, you hear a "click". you only hear it on rides with a single, central, push tire, regardless of the age of the rollercoaster. if it works the way you say it does you'd hear it on every b&m.

i've paid very close attention to the restraint systems on a b&m, and have seen nothing like what you describe, except for the basic lock/unlock mechanism, which has two bars, one on each side of the train, which are pneumatically raised/lowered to lock/unlock the restraints via a system of levers, which, frankly, every ride using racheting restraints has!

in fact, on b&m inverted rollercoasters, the restraint mechanism is 80% visible from the outside, if you know where, and how, to look, and there is not a single damned microchip anywhere! unless it's part of the invisible 20%, but mostly that just looks like a continuation of the visible 80%.

futhermore, the patent for b&m restraints i've read makes no mention of any such device! seems like a rather suspicious omission if it is such an integral part of their restraints.

stanford911

Mega Poster
Look dudes and dudettes, if you keep mentioning accidents, im just going to loose my confidence. Please STOP IT!

Sam

Giga Poster
If a few accidents on roller coasters put you off then you must be terrified of being in a car, crossing the street or even having a shower- you're much more likely to suffer an injury doing any of these than by riding a roller coaster.

I dunno.

nemesis31.jpg

See the circles?

That is part of what I'm on about.

and there is not a single damned microchip anywhere

Where in my post did I say microchip?

In fact, do you even know what a microswitch is?

Aaron

Hyper Poster
Chauncey, seriously, I'd back off now if you don't want to look any more like an idiot...

Lee knows what he's talking about, he works with rides like that all day every day.

He's our guru for the technical side of things... (hence the award)

joe

Mega Poster
Lapbars are safe, coasters wouldn't opperate if they wern't. They may feel unsafe, but it add's to the experience.