What's new

Irn-Bru Revolution vs Corkscrew (Alton Towers)

Revolution vs Corkscrew

• Revolution

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Corkscrew

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Both these rides when built made a big impact for there parks and where built at a similar time, 1979 for Revolution and 80 for Corkscrew, both inverted twice. Which one of these did you like more?

A

Anonymous

I liked corkscrew but I prefer the Rev I think its a great ride for its age and its actually one of the most intense rides in the UK going backwards through that loop is really good and you get good airtime off the drops plus its smooth (well it only goes in a straight line). Its interesting to note on rcdb that the Rev is listed as pulling 4G's compared to nemesis at 3G.

jayjay

Giga Poster
Corkscrew was rough, painful and I never liked it really. Irn-Bru revolution has a backward loop, insane airtime and is rather fun. Easy choice.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I loved Corkscrew. It just had a charm to it, and although it wasn't exactly smooth, being rather tall meant I got little in the way of pain around my head and neck.

The Irn-Bru Revolution was great the times I went on it, if a bit short. The loop was quite forceful, and some backwards airtime was quite fun.

But Corkscrew just had that charm for me, so Corky.

Waffleman

Mega Poster
Revolution can pull some intense G's if you get at the front or back seats and corkscrew was never really that special, so I'd say Revolution.

Emmett

Giga Poster
jayjay said:
Corkscrew was rough, painful and I never liked it really. Irn-Bru revolution has a backward loop, insane airtime and is rather fun. Easy choice.

I couldn't agree more. I hated Corkscrew and never bothered riding it more than once unlike Revolution whiich is one my favourite coasters in the UK.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
They are/were equally as fun to ride for me.

Corky banged your head a bit sometimes, but its first drop was really good and the corks were fun aswell. I miss it :( If it had those new style restraints it would be a good ride still...

Irn Bru is fun and smooth, but too shorter thrill really. So Corky.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
I've only ridden Bru once, going through the loop backwards gave me a little grey out and made me feel pretty rough!

I'm not generally a fan of coasters going backwards, so Corkscrew gets this one, just. The air on Bru is definitely a strong point and nice surprise!

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
I'd have to go with the Bru.

I found Corkscrew a tad rough and rather mediocre.

The Bru is the only coaster that has given me that greying out feeling during the backwards loop,plus I love that swaying feeling of the loading platform. :lol:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I actually adore Revolution. I found Corkscrew really "meh". It was a good for when it was put in, and a good 1.2M filler ride for the kids and stuff - but it was really nothing special.

Revolution is a short, gimmick ride - but I love the odd airtime it gives.