What's new

IOA | Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure | Intamin LSM Launch (Dragon Challenge replacement)

Matt N

CF Legend
Even if it isn't the best ride in Universal or Florida as a whole, I am certain that this will be an absolutely fantastic ride experience that visitors to IOA in 2019 will love. Despite the supposed family target audience of this ride, I think that it looks to have real Taron vibes about it!

gabe

Roller Poster

b&mfanboy123

Mega Poster
The tallest track section is the spike though, so it's hard to get a true idea of speed anywhere else in the layout.
but usually most rides have the lauch before the highest point be the fastest, but i could be wrong. Only time will tell.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Yeah, you could definitely be wrong on that one.
There is a reason for this, it may not be completely true for all launch coasters, but it helps with emergency stop/ failed launch scenearios. If you place the highest point straight after the launch, if the launch fails or the ride shutsdown mid launch, the train will be able to roll back onto the launch track without valleying mis course. The idea is that if the train makes it over the hill after the launch, it should be able to safely make it to the next evacuation point without trouble.

If you place the highest point mid way, there's a higher chance that the train will get stuck in an area thats difficult to evacuate from.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
That logic works with a coaster that only has one launch section, however this ride appears to have multiple launches, therefor the tallest part of the track is irrelevant, as each launch will be able to estop/hold a valleyed coaster.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The aerial shots are excellent - but where are they coming from? I didn't think you'd be allowed to fly drones over the park.

davidm

Strata Poster
^ Helicopter - number of firms do tourist flights over/around the parks (eg) and that twitter account is always posting aerial shots from all over Orlando - whether they are part of one of the firms or just their best ever customer I dunno. :)

peep

CF Legend
that twitter account is always posting aerial shots from all over Orlando - whether they are part of one of the firms or just their best ever customer I dunno

Yeah, I think he must at least have a connection with the helicopter company. He does it every week, alternates between Universal and Disney. I think air space around Disney is slightly more restricted so I don't think he can get close ups of at least Magic kingdom?