What's new

IOA | Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure | Intamin LSM Launch (Dragon Challenge replacement)

Niles

Giga Poster
Looks like an amazing coaster with a unique seat arrangement which will be great for family’s and potter fans.

For me though it does look a bit rough around the edges theming wise, I know the trees will grow up but it does look sparse and un-themed in areas. Like @Ethan said the sick holding up the creature in Hagrids hut is very visible and the animatronics do look off to me to.

Yea not up to universal standard for me.

Last edited:

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Just watched the POV, agree with what everyone else is saying really regarding theming, intensity etc etc. It definitely does have some taron-esque profiling in some turns but then because of the show scenes it loses the flow and seems a bit disjointed. Kind of feels like a universal answer to everest so I think people will love it. The drop into the fog, twisty bits where it actually has some speed and the drop look good.

Potter-fan wise, commentary seems a bit lacking in emotion, sort of flat but then I guess it's not based on a pivotal bit of the story and rather on a foray into magic creature stuff. Feel like they could have hyped it up more. Wonder if seeing a pre-show would make more sense of it (if there is one it wasn't in the video I saw).

I'd likely rate it better than the other two potter rides (not a fan of forbidden journey so defo that) due to personally preferring creds to other rides and force/flow/speed over theming/story so it's not my personal ideal ride but it's certainly an interesting mix of ride aspects. Props for not relying on screens the whole time though, makes a change. Shame they had to spite dragons as they could have worked well in the same area as they would contrast nicely.

General POV-based opinion, looks decent, think it will be a crowd pleaser, story kinda random.

Last edited:

WhollyRudeTech

Roller Poster
So did the people who got POV videos do it without permission? Surprised if East Coaster General didn’t get permission. If they did get it why give it to some and not others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Everything about this ride looks incredible except for those animatronics!

The creature in the hut was beyond bad and the unicorns were awful too!

The actual coaster itself does look incredible, maybe the best family coaster ever created? However I can’t help but feel slightly let down by this, it’s too rough around the edges for my liking. It will look better once the trees have grown in but those animatronics are so poor is unbelievable!

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I kinda agree about the animatronics, but other than that I think it looks really really fantastic!

Intamin should get a lot of credit for creating a ride with SO many complicated elements that appear to work fast and seemlessly. I'm surprised it didn't have more downtime (I think) when you consider that Thirteen still struggles. I love how it never looses it's pacing, even with all the show scenes and track elements. Urgh I love it. And I also think it will be one of those rides that looks better over time, as all the trees grow in, and maybe the animatronics will be improved... I mean they have the budgets..

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Gonna disagree hard on the animatronics. Of core it isnt Disney level, but from the people I have talked to who have actually BEEN on the ride, they say it looks great in person.

Maybe I'll get on this next year when I package a trip with Euphrates, but it looks fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Snoo

The Legend
I feel the "its ok" sentiment of most people is pretty good for my feelings on it. It doesn't blow me away as it doesn't do anything really NEW from a coaster perspective however I do think it's unique and interesting. Could be worse but could be better.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Yeah I heard about the 10 hour wait.
…...
Goodness people

As stated above, cant really know till you ride, but IDK we all kinda expected this to be nothing more than "solid" right? I mean its a universal coaster and from the stats and few pics/things weve seen I really didn't think it was gunna be epic or anything, I figured it would be a fun, solid, well themed and immersive ride, though not one that's intense or WOW. Which is exactly what it looks like. Tis perfect for the park, and assuming I make my yearly trip it will be fun to ride Im sure
NOT WAITING 10 HOURS

WhollyRudeTech

Roller Poster
I see on their app, it did say closed (when other stuff was open) and now it says delayed. Teething problems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

snes2

Roller Poster
I think the indoor animatronics look fine.
The outdoors one's don't appear to be the best of the best, but I don't think it's possible to put great animatronics outdoors with the weather Orlando experiences.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
My friend who filmed this yesterday waited 7 hours and said it was worth it. He's a season pass holder and arrived at the park at 5:40am and got in line at 6am. For those wondering, they distributed free water and had toilet stations throughout the queue line.

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
I'd be curious how long the ExpressPass line is for this
UPDATE: It's not available on motorbike adventure yet

Last edited:

Peet

Giga Poster
Is 10 hours the longest recorded queue time in the history of roller coasters? I think probably yes.
Plus, as this ride has a pretty solid throughput I'm also going to say this is probably the greatest number of people who have ever been in the queue for a single roller coaster in history.
Anyone got any counter-arguments?

MakoMania

Mega Poster
Is 10 hours the longest recorded queue time in the history of roller coasters? I think probably yes.
Plus, as this ride has a pretty solid throughput I'm also going to say this is probably the greatest number of people who have ever been in the queue for a single roller coaster in history.
Anyone got any counter-arguments?
I remember Flying Dino being pretty horrendous but I can't remember if it surpassed this.