Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Can't decide.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They're both horrid.

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

BBH

Giga Poster
Vekoma has two very similar coaster models, the Invertigo and the Giant Inverted Boomerang, both of which suspend you below the track through a cobra roll and a vertical loop before going back and doing it again. However, the GIB has one row of seats per car and they both face forward, and it also has two vertical lift hills. The Invertigo has a sloped lift hill like Vekoma's standard Boomerang model but it has seats facing both ways: forward and backwards.

So which is better in your opinion?

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Only ridden Stinger at Dorney, which is an Invertigo. The GIB's look like more fun though, because vertical drops are the tits.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Only Deja Vu for me, and I have to say its quite fab for a Vekoma invert, Invertigos could be fun because of their trains :)

bmac

Giga Poster
Well I haven't ridden either, yet. I know one thing about them though, they're neck and neck in terms of reliability xD.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
GIB by a long, long way. The layout may be the same, but the ride experience is completely different. I actually prefer regular Boomerangs to those god-awful invertigo things, but GIBs are excellent rides.

Whoever voted for Invertigo has clearly recently undergone a full-frontal lobotomy. That, or it's a case of those awful "vote for what I've ridden, even though it's clearly the idiotic option" responses.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I've only been on one of the two types, and the GIB Goliath at SFNE was really really spectacular, one example of Vekoma doing things right. The thing that made it for me was the vertical lift hills, and seeing as the Invertigo doesn't have those I'm willing to bet that the GIB is better.

Jake

Strata Poster
gavin said:
GIB by a long, long way. The layout may be the same, but the ride experience is completely different. I actually prefer regular Boomerangs to those god-awful invertigo things, but GIBs are excellent rides.

Whoever voted for Invertigo has clearly recently undergone a full-frontal lobotomy. That, or it's a case of those awful "vote for what I've ridden, even though it's clearly the idiotic option" responses.

This.

I thought Invertigos MIGHT be fun because of the trains (facing your friends), but nope. Pure evil things.

andrus

Giga Poster
Like everyone else: GIB are awesome and Invertigos are horrible! GIBs are smooth, have comfortable restraints and best of all have the amazing vertical free fall towers :--D Invertigos are rough and lacks the best part (vertical towers) of the GIBs..

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I've ridden both Cedar Fair Invertigos. They aren't bad, I prefer them to a regular boomerang. Which isn't saying a lot. :razz:

Deja Vu had mades its move from SFMM by the time I had gotten there, but GIB do look better than Invertigos as they are taller and faster.

I tolerate Invertigos when the need arises, whereas I actually like GIBs and would reride them if the queues and reliability weren't so bad!

reddude333

Giga Poster
Definitely goes to GIB. I rode an Invertigo before my first GIB so I actually liked it a lot and they offer plenty in terms of intensity. The face-off style cars are nice and allow for more variety in seating. But at the end of the day the best coaster is truly the GIB. The vertical lifts/drops and the height advantage really do make a significant difference.

SoCalCoaster521

Roller Poster
Love GIBs. They're smooth, comfortable, and the freefalling sensation is fantastic. As much as GIBs have had their problems in the past, they can be good investments. Just look at Silverwood and Jin Jang. Both icon coasters, going into relatively small parks, and putting them on the map.

Invertigos on the other hand, they just need to die. Maybe if they built a smaller version of the GIB with the back to back seating, the Invertigos wouldn't had been such a bad idea. But because that didn't happen, Invertigos are essentially poopty.