Intimidator 305 vs. Millennium Force

• Intimidator 305

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Millennium Force

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters

zips_6

Roller Poster
I am only 12 years old, so I am kind of limited on how often I get to parks. But next year I am heading to Cedar Point and eventually Kings Dominion. These two giga coasters are very similar, as I305 was actually based off of Maverick and Millennium combined. So what should I expect to be the better ride?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I305 is better. MilF is so overrated. The airtime is eh. But to do it for the cred, GO TO IT FIRST. I rode Maverick first(only a 20 min wait), and then MilF. I had to wait nearly 2 hours.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Edward M

Strata Poster
Honestly, I'm not a massive fan of I305. Too intense with not that much fun to ride. It really didn't do too much for me. Millennium Force on the other hand is much better. I really enjoyed its over banked curves, and it still has the best drop I've ridden. I know some people hate it, but I love it. So, ya, MF for me.

Hobbes

Mega Poster
GuyWithAStick said:
But to do it for the cred, GO TO IT FIRST. I rode Maverick first(only a 20 min wait), and then MilF. I had to wait nearly 2 hours.
That's interesting. When I was there a few years ago, Maverick consistently had longer lines that MForce. Maverick was often over 90 minutes, whereas, MForce peaked at around 45 (maybe up to an hour).

Anyway, I haven't ridden I305, so any comparison I do is just speculation. I'd argue that the two rides really aren't that similar. I've heard the whole "Maverick and MForce combined to form I305" point before, but I don't really see it. I'd say it's more of a Maverick style ride scaled up to MForce's size, rather than a combination of the two. MForce is about a long, graceful layout with sweeping overbanks and a sensation of speed, whereas I305 is more about raw intensity and quick directional changes.

As for which I would prefer, it's hard to say. I love MForce for its fantastic drop and speed, and just being a really fun ride. I305 is somewhat polarizing, so I'm really not sure what to think of it. On the one hand, I do really like high-intensity rides such as Kumba and Batman. However, Maverick, which is somewhat similar to I305 in its style, really didn't impress me. So I'm really not sure which I would prefer, at least until I get on I305 (hopefully in the next year or two).

They're both sub par. With a lack of airtime on both, I prefer Millennium Force. It has a better first drop and the setting is a lot better. The layout is obviously a lot more drawn out, but it's just far more enjoyable than the constant and overly intense turns of I-305.

Intricks

Strata Poster
I305 as it does "more" than Millennium Force, but the airtime on Millie is better than on I305.

Besides, I305 gave me my first grey-out, so - <3

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I think they are both average coasters, but i prefer I305 slightly.

I find both their first drops are boring, and whilst MF goes on to do more of the same nothingness, I305 has a dynamic and exciting ending.

Sythe

Mega Poster
Truthfully I don't like i305 very much. I've ridden it about 10 times too. I don't like the restraints and it's just too intense!
I like millennium force though, it's just more fun in general :)