Intamin T-Bar or Intamin OTSR

• Intamin T-Bar

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Intamin OTSR

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Comet

Roller Poster
Ultimate coaster, notice I put a "jk" next to let the poll do the talking.

^Everything you said I agree with completeley.

Don't get into the weight restrictions, Almost.
We are talking about the ride experience for YOU, not for the people that can't fit.

But its the same for Kir, he's so tall it sucks for him...

It's not the same at all.
Kir IS tall, so it DOES interfere with HIS ride experience.
You do fit, which causes that to have nothing to do with YOUR ride experience.
So I don't really think that should be considered.

As for the freedom thing. I definitely see how you can say that you get more freedom with OTSR, but in order to get that feeling you have to cancel out the fact that you have straps around you body which is ahard to do for some people, incuding me.

Almost

Hyper Poster
Comet said:
Ultimate coaster, notice I put a "jk" next to let the poll do the talking.

^Everything you said I agree with completeley.

Don't get into the weight restrictions, Almost.
We are talking about the ride experience for YOU, not for the people that can't fit.

But its the same for Kir, he's so tall it sucks for him...

It's not the same at all.
Kir IS tall, so it DOES interfere with HIS ride experience.
You do fit, which causes that to have nothing to do with YOUR ride experience.
So I don't really think that should be considered.

As for the freedom thing. I definitely see how you can say that you get more freedom with OTSR, but in order to get that feeling you have to cancel out the fact that you have straps around you body which is ahard to do for some people, incuding me.

Ok fair enough, with these restraints I'll leave it as:

T-Bar: Some heights, crotch stapling, some weights, not riding.

OTSR: Some heights, shoulder discomfort.

Fair enough?

Comet

Roller Poster
No problem UC, it didn't offend me.

quote]T-Bar: Some heights, crotch stapling, some weights, not riding.

Fair enough?[/quote]

No...
It's some crotch stapling, because many people have stated this doesn't happen to them.
What is "not riding"?
Some heights goe for every restraint or coaster.

Almost

Hyper Poster
Comet said:
No problem UC, it didn't offend me.

T-Bar: Some heights, crotch stapling, some weights, not riding.

Fair enough?

No...
It's some crotch stapling, because many people have stated this doesn't happen to them.
What is "not riding"?
Some heights goe for every restraint or coaster.

Basically replace every , with 'get' and read it like some heights get crotch stapling.

T-Bar: Some heights get crotch stapling, some weights get not riding.

OTSR: Some heights get shoulder discomfort.

cpdude2

Mega Poster
Ok, I don't want to get myself into the raging whirpool going on here :p

but here's how I break it down...

T-bars:
more feeling of freedom
less potential for head/neckbanging.
Slower loading times
Potential for stapling
allows for more internal than external airtime

OTSR's:
looser, providing more "out of seat" aitime.
More enclosed, providing a safer feeling.
Quicker loading times
more size/weight capacity
less strict height requirements
potential for head/neck banging
less potential for stapling

Now, I haven't ridden both, so I can't make my own decision as of yet. but as of right now, the T-bar looks to be what I would prefer more, as I would prefer a feeling over vulnerablity over out of your seat airtime...it's just a personal preference. I'll find out which I like better for sure, however, this summer....

Snoo

The Legend
Ben: good man. Although, floater with t-bars do suck.. i'd imagine ejector must feel amazing.

Snoo

The Legend
Meant with the T-bars. The massive amounts of floater I get on MF is kinda dull, but the little bit of ejector (emphasize the little) in the back seat, is pretty damn good.

On a ride with massive amounts of ejector, I can see why t-bars would be good.

As for OTSR's, wouldn't know.. but I assume Maverick should get some decent ejector over a few hills... but I believe it must be amazing.

Meant with the T-bars. The massive amounts of floater I get on MF is kinda dull, but the little bit of ejector (emphasize the little) in the back seat, is pretty damn good.

I heard the airtime is better in the front actually, however I still got no airtime either way. I'm not sure whether installing the OTSR would make it have more airtime, but I highly doubt it, because even when I leave a little gap between me and the restraint, I still don't even end up really touching it on those hills.

I think ejector is best with regular old style bars, found on Shivering Timbers and stuff. I much prefer ejector with those ones. Can't remember the technical name though.

I can see airtime may be better with the OTSR however I can't tell because I've never experienced outstanding airtime with a T-bar. Though since I prefer the sensation of launching at high speeds and just going down a drop at high speeds, I think that's why T-bars work better for me.

If I want airtime I'll go on Shivering Timbers. I don't look for that on the coasters I ride with T-bars.

Almost

Hyper Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
I think ejector is best with regular old style bars, found on Shivering Timbers and stuff. I much prefer ejector with those ones. Can't remember the technical name though.

I think you mean Buzz bars (only having one uniform click down) but I don't think ST has them. They're found on older PCT trains.

LiveForTheLaunch said:
If I want airtime I'll go on Shivering Timbers. I don't look for that on the coasters I ride with T-bars.

Just wait for S:RoS :lol:

I think you mean Buzz bars (only having one uniform click down) but I don't think ST has them. They're found on older PCT trains.

Nah I mean the ones on Shivering Timbers actually. I can't remember the name though. Gosh I feel stupid. Oh well though, each person has a separate one amnd you can click it down as many times as you see fit, however you can get huge amounts of spaces in between you and the bar which makes for fab airtime. Can anyone think of the proper name?

Just wait for S:RoS

That'll be a while yet, so I'll have to wait until I can drive. So for now Shivering Timbers will do <3.

Ben

CF Legend
^I know what you mean Tay.

And they suck ass :p.

The T-Bars are much sweeter for airtime. You'll see what I mean when you ride an ejector Intamin with them <3.

Snoo

The Legend
LFTL said:

How about Magnum?? Plenty of airtime right there, great ejector, and its across the park. Maybe if you had some thighs, you could feel it though.

And, btw, the back definitley has more air on the front.. on almost every ride IMO.

How about Magnum?? Plenty of airtime right there, great ejector, and its across the park. Maybe if you had some thighs, you could feel it though.

I know it has amazing airtime, but I found Shivering Timber's had substantially more actually. I never thought it would be possible for Magnum's airtime to be surpassed though it was. They both have the best airtime I've ever experienced, which is funny because they both have the restraints I was describing a few posts up.

And it's not my fault I don't have thighs. I can still feel airtime.

And, btw, the back definitley has more air on the front.. on almost every ride IMO.

Oh well I didn't feel it either way though the closest I got to the back was three away.

WuTang2k2

Roller Poster
cpdude2 said:
T-bars:
more feeling of freedom
less potential for head/neckbanging.
Slower loading times
Potential for stapling
allows for more internal than external airtime

OTSR's:
looser, providing more "out of seat" aitime.
More enclosed, providing a safer feeling.
Quicker loading times
more size/weight capacity
less strict height requirements
potential for head/neck banging
less potential for stapling

Another person who seems to reach an ultimatum about both restraints even though they clearly say "I haven't ridden both". :D

Whats going on here?

Quicker Loading Times? Not necessarily true at all. Things are easier on rides with T-bars, such as not having to clamber through the maze of restraints. Im not sure where you get this idea from?

Less strict height requirements? What?! Unless this has changed, when I was at Liseberg earlier this year - Balder (T-bars) was 1.3m, Kanonen (OTSR) was the usual 1.4m. Where do you get this from too?

cpdude2

Mega Poster
WuTang2k2 said:
Another person who seems to reach an ultimatum about both restraints even though they clearly say "I haven't ridden both". :D

Whats going on here?

Quicker Loading Times? Not necessarily true at all. Things are easier on rides with T-bars, such as not having to clamber through the maze of restraints. Im not sure where you get this idea from?

Less strict height requirements? What?! Unless this has changed, when I was at Liseberg earlier this year - Balder (T-bars) was 1.3m, Kanonen (OTSR) was the usual 1.4m. Where do you get this from too?

If you would have read on to my post, you would have noticed my saying that " until I have ridden both, I can't make a complete decision on what I like best, but as of now I think I'd prefer the T-bar

It seemed to me that you were implying that I thought OTSR's were better, I thought the opposite, and admitted that I can not make a fair judgement because I have ridden both, but because I know what I like, It seems like a T-bar would fit my personal preferences more. In my list, I was simply stating some up-sides and down-side to both, because they are equally good in my opinion, it just depends on wether you prefer out of your seat airtime or a feeling of freedom...

WuTang2k2

Roller Poster
cpdude2 said:
WuTang2k2 said:

Whats going on here?

If you would have read on to my post, you would have noticed my saying that " until I have ridden both, I can't make a complete decision on what I like best, but as of now I think I'd prefer the T-bar

It seemed to me that you were implying that I thought OTSR's were better, I thought the opposite, and admitted that I can not make a fair judgement because I have ridden both, but because I know what I like, It seems like a T-bar would fit my personal preferences more. In my list, I was simply stating some up-sides and down-side to both, because they are equally good in my opinion, it just depends on wether you prefer out of your seat airtime or a feeling of freedom...

I had read your post. But you stated alot of points about two different ride types you know nothing about, and made mistakes. Just pointing them out so we can get the record straight, thats all. :D

No need accusing me of not reading posts, boy. :idea:

cpdude2

Mega Poster
What I was ultimately trying to say was that , though I can see more up-sides for OTSRs than T-bars, I beleive that for my own preferences I'd prefer the T-bar. I know what I like.

And yes, I haven't been on both, which is why I said "I can't tell for sure since I haven't been on both yet but..."

cpdude2

Mega Poster
What I was ultimately trying to say was that , though I can see more up-sides for OTSRs than T-bars, I beleive that for my own preferences I'd prefer the T-bar. I know what I like.

And yes, I haven't been on both, which is why I said "I can't tell for sure since I haven't been on both yet but..."