What's new

Intamin 'Mini' Multi Launcher - Project

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
I've been 'playing' NL for some years now and I'm getting better and better, but I've never really done a coaster that has been technically 'perfect'. So a couple of days ago I started messing around with some layouts for fun, until a got the idea about building the 'perfect' track.

The idea is basically to have a hand build NL roller coaster that is as smooth as if it was made in Newton 2.
I know a lot of people already have achieved this, but I hadn't done it yet even though I've tried.

But now I've actually done it, and the layout may seem simple and short, but I kinda like it.
It's a Intamin 'Mini' Multi Launcher with two launches, 3 airtime hills and 3 exciting turns.
I don't have a name for the coaster yet, and I also plan to theme it with 3d objects that I make in Google Sketchup, as well as maybe get a custom car texture. - So in this thread you'll be able to follow my progress with this little beauty.

Hope you like it.

Specifications:

Length: 554,5 m
Height: 9,5 m
Launch 1 Speed: 50 km/h
Launch 2 Speed: 75 km/h
Max -G: 0,7
Max +G: 3,2

Here is some pictures of the project so far.

382074_4925141092182_1612696320_n.jpg

198217_4925141772199_629026116_n.jpg

302829_4925142012205_294366533_n.jpg

BBH

Giga Poster
I could never figure out how to do a launch with the brake section, probably because I'm a complete and utter moron, but how DO you do it? :lol:

bmac

Giga Poster
in the options you can set the brake to launch after stopping. Just tinker around with it and I think you can get it to stand for about 2-3 seconds before launching.

Xpress

Strata Poster
I'll be honest, it doesn't look terribly exciting. And in real honesty, "perfection" doesn't exist within our community. The important thing you have to keep in mind is you should be making whatever layout YOU want to make, not what others want to see you make. Who cares if it has some bumps here and there, so long as it's an exciting layout, the smaller details cease to matter ;)

bmac

Giga Poster
Smoothing out the bumps and kinks just makes the hyper critics happy. It's next to impossible to make a perfectly smooth coaster by hand in NL, although you can by cheating with Newton (takes away all the fun, imo).

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Xpress said:
I'll be honest, it doesn't look terribly exciting. And in real honesty, "perfection" doesn't exist within our community. The important thing you have to keep in mind is you should be making whatever layout YOU want to make, not what others want to see you make. Who cares if it has some bumps here and there, so long as it's an exciting layout, the smaller details cease to matter ;)

As I said, this was an idea I had, which also means I normally make coaster layouts that I want to make, but this time I just wanted a new challenge. Why do you post like you know exactly why I built this coaster?!
I care if it has bumps.

Xpress

Strata Poster
bmac said:
although you can by cheating with Newton (takes away all the fun, imo).

No such thing as cheating, Period. This is for fun, not to conform to some heinous and absurd style of idealistics of which are only found on this website.

You assemble the track the way you want to.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Without a download file, I can't really say if you've achieved what you set out to do. From the pictures the layout doesn't look very inspiring, but I've coasters that tend to stcik to vertical lines are smoother than others (When hadbuilt).

Xpress makes a very good point actually...

Xpress said:

But I do see hat you mean about 'pleasing the critics'. Since I only build coaster by hand, I've long given up of the thought of them being perfectly smooth. I have tried tools and could not get along with them. That isn't to say I don't try to make them as smooth as I can, I just realise I will probably ever achieve it.

I must have been using NoLimits for around 5 years now, yet I still improve and learn with every track. Whilst I do upload to this site and others for appreciation and feedback, most of the enjoyment comes from building the coaster and riding it for myself when it's complete.